It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #1
(female)

tater97531 HB User
Exclamation strange red marks appearing everywhere...please help!

im 17 years old and recently i have been noticing these red marks on my upper thigh, breasts, and butt. They look kind of like stretch marks but, in the places, they are im almost positive they're not. They are under the skin, but feel bumpy to the touch...they are shaped like lines (like the way a vein would look on the surface)...could they be burst blood vessels or something? im really scared that they will spread all over my body...or could it mean poor blood circulation or something?? please if anyone has any ideas let me know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: strange red marks appearing everywhere...please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater97531
im 17 years old and recently i have been noticing these red marks on my upper thigh, breasts, and butt. They look kind of like stretch marks but, in the places, they are im almost positive they're not. They are under the skin, but feel bumpy to the touch...they are shaped like lines (like the way a vein would look on the surface)...could they be burst blood vessels or something? im really scared that they will spread all over my body...or could it mean poor blood circulation or something?? please if anyone has any ideas let me know
There is no way that we can tell you what this is from your discription, however, Sometimes when a person gains weight suddenly, like being pregnant, it will cause stretch marks to appear. They turn red at first from the skin having to stretch across enlarged tissues, then after the swelling goes down, the marks sometimes fade away or fade to a silvery streak that does not go away. But unless you are having an allergic reaction to something that you know you are allergic to, then go see your doctor if you are afraid it is something important.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #3

coley91 HB User

Quote:
Do you bruise easily... or have nose bleeds often?

Nicole

Old 02-16-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
(female)

tater97531 HB User

no not really... i guess if i get a lot more then ill see a doctor....ehh

Old 02-16-2004, 08:22 PM   #5

coley91 HB User

Quote:
no not really... i guess if i get a lot more then ill see a doctor....ehh
If I were you, I would go at get my blood tested. Just to rule out some stuff. Your platlette count could be really low, and you might just need something to bring the plaltette level up.

Nicole

Old 02-20-2004, 01:15 PM   #6
Inactive

miseryweeps HB User

Those sound like "spider veins". I got them at your age also. All part of the wonderful post-puberty stuff. They are very common and not usually serious, but you may want to be checked out by a doctor anyway. Woman commonly get them in "fatty" areas. Breasts, thighs, calves, stomach, etc. Do a search and see if this sounds right...Good luck...

Old 12-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
(female)

brodiemylove HB User
Question Re: strange red marks appearing everywhere...please help!

I am 21 and have those same red marks on only one buttocks cheek. It is now spreading to my left cheek. I have tried some stretch mark creams, but they have not made one difference. I have not gained any weight..so how could they be stretch marks? I am beginning to think it is a curculation issue...not stretch marks...

HELP!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
(female)

spellbound HB User
Question Re: strange red marks appearing everywhere...please help!

Quote:
I've got the same thing!!! I'm kind of embarrassed to tell anyone about them though I wish I could just get it resolved by myself...does anyone know for sure what this is?!?! ....really glad to know it's not just me though...they're exactly how you said they are...bumpy and one my butt and upper thighs...I don't even know for sure when I got them!! please if anyone knows whats wrong or if it'll just heal up by itself tell me I'm freaking out a little here!!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
(female)

TheAsian93 HB User

wow.... this is a really old topic..... but I have them too O.O and I'm only 14. I've had them for about 2 years, and it's really concerning me

Closed Thread