It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2004, 01:05 PM   #1

BruceLee HB User
High Red Blood Cell Count

A few weeks ago I had a Complete Blood Count performed and I tested a little high on a few items. Among them were:
Red Blood Cell 5.66 normal range is 4.10-5.60
Hemoglobin 17.3 normal range is 12.5-17.0
Hematocrit 51.3 normal range is 36.0-50.0

I am almost for certain that these elevated levels are a result of my previous steroid use. However, I have not taken any anabolic steroids since the end of August and have decided to never take them again. Therefore, shouldn't my levels have gone back to normal by now? AFter all it has been about 6 or 7 months and from what I have read the life of an RBC is suppose to be 4 months.
My doc maintained these numbers are nothing to be concerned with, however, I did want to see what some people on this board think.
This may be completely coincidental but I have noticed that several times during the night my hands and fall asleep. Normally, I would dismiss this as the positioning of my hands, however, now I know my RBC's are elevated I am thinking there may be a correlation.
Please give me some advice as to if I should be concerned with this matter. Thanks.

Closed Thread