It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 08:17 AM   #1

car guy HB User
Bruise and lump......

I have been recently diagnosed with hemochromatosis.about 2 weeks ago I bashed my arm VERY hard into the corner of my TV and got a pretty nasty bruise on my right bicep. Well the bruise is starting to slowly go away but now I have a marble sized lump under my skin right in the center of the bruise, it does not hurt and it feels pliable. My question is basically has anyone else had similar things happen to them, is this some type of blood clot? are there any lymph nodes on the outside of your arm in that area? I usually do not bruise to easily but this was a pretty good hit. I would be interested to hear from anyone who also has polycythemia vera as well, because my hemotologist has mentioned this condition to me more than once and I am going back to him in August to be screened for this condition. Thanks...

Old 08-07-2004, 02:13 PM   #2

-T- HB User
Re: Bruise and lump......

I had the same problem as yourself. A hard, small marble like lump which moved around in my vein on the back of my hand. Unfortunately I didn't have it checked out as Im used to thinks like this and the lump lasted for about 2 or so months.

I have no idea what it is though it is a possibility its blood related. Ask your Hemotologist or give your doctor a call. If it becomes itchy and hot to the touch then you will need to definitely see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #3

carole99 HB User
Re: Bruise and lump......

Hi, I had an injury in May, to my lower left leg, also have a small lump that the doctor said I could have forever. Went on holidays in July (airplane, and long car ride), and ended up diagnosed with a blood clot on August 6th. Same leg, but high in my thigh. Doctor is quite certain it was caused by travel, prolonged sitting, and not injury to leg in May. I was driving an ATV, and got tossed off but caught my leg in footpeg. Then I had a little incident this summer on vacation trying out my nieces dirtbike. Gave the other leg a nasty bang. So now I have decided that my daredevil days are behind me and have no plans to drive anything that doesn't have a seatbelt. Plus being on coumadin it is not recommended that we take part in high risk activities. Good luck, and a simple test could tell you if you have a clot.

Closed Thread