It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Unhappy my bruises last for a long time

Hi I was hoping someone might read this and let me know if they have had the same prob. or know someone who has. I dont bruise easily, but when I do it takes my bruises a serioulsy LONG TIME to heal. My legs especially. I had a hematoma on my leg from an accident 2 1/2 years ago and the bruise is still there. I also have this light purplish discoloration above my collar bone that has been there for a few months. A nurse looked at it and said thats weird but couldnt really explain it. Im hoping that it came from when i worked at a restraunt and balanced heavy trays on my shoulder everyday. But i quit like 7 weeks ago so why is it still there???

Old 02-26-2003, 12:58 PM   #2

wholeharted HB User
Lightbulb

Hi There,
has anyone ever mentioned if you have low blood pressure?

I have that and a slow circulatory system, I have brusies that can hang around a while as well.

For fresh bruises - I slice Ginger (the kind you can buy at the store) and put on the bruise under a band aid (usually the big ones) before I go to sleep. take it off in the morning, depending if they're black or green or blue. something to think about, I also go to get a theraputic massage that focuses on helping my lymph glands stay drained, They help your body clean house, this is what works for me. If you go to a massage therapist, make sure they're really qualified for lymphatic work, someone who isn't can make things worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2003, 04:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Thumbs up

thanks so much for your replies. Im going to check on all this when I get home from college. I probably do have a slow cirrculatory system and low blood pressure cause my hands and feet are always freezing. Its probably not hemophilia since i dont get bruises all the time. I just hope I can figure out whats going on without learning of some serious disorder I didnt know i had!!!

Old 06-29-2004, 05:55 AM   #4

Tanya2 HB User
Re: my bruises last for a long time

Hi. I have Von Willebrand's disease (a kind of heamophillia)and have bruises that can last for months at a time. My symptoms vary depending on how low the levels of factor 8 are. I have abnormally heavy and long menses as well. You can have a blood disorder and have episodic abnormal bruising so don't rule it out on that basis please. See a heamotologist!

Old 08-07-2004, 02:09 PM   #5

-T- HB User

Yes you should definitely get the bruising checked out. It could be something serious or something minor. Either way its best if you get yourself either to your doctor or a Hemotologist.

Or you could always see your doctor and ask for a blood clotting test and the usual check up tests to make sure it isnt iron deficency or something similar.

Old 04-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #6
(male)

hemoman HB User

i have the worst kind of hemophilia and it kinda sounds like you may have a very mild infliction of it. of course has this sort of thing been happening your whole life

Old 04-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ktee_uk HB User

Hi

I have factor 8 difficiency too and bruises stay for months at a time dependant on the trauma caused. I also have 2 bruising scars on my thighs from where I fell over and caused tissue damage and buised v.badly. You can still see the faint outline esp. if it is cold and this is from 4 years ago.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #8
(female)

veronica24 HB User
Smile Re: my bruises last for a long time

i have ttp and i found burse on my arms and legs and they stay long time before go away and i get these red spot if my blood count really low

Old 04-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #9
(female)

msullivan HB User
my lil bro has ITP! HELP!

Ive posted so many places! i hope i get a reply...

my lil brother has ITP and its stressing the living daylights outta me! he is taking prednisone (taking them a little over a week) and man... talk about side effects!! he is SOOOO grumpy! he is a real sweetheart but the other day-he was just screaming!! it really freaked me out! i have never heard him scream like that EVER. it was like... he was this completely different person.

my brother's platelet is down to 16k. he just had this accident tha other day. he tripped and hit his head-he got this big cut which really scared my parents-it scared us all!!! the stitches were the least of our worries!

were really worried-someone help me... what are the chances of him developing intracranial hemorrhage?? the doctor said that its possible for internal cranial bleeding to occur anytime after a head injury. my lil brother is 18months old and this whole thing is just DEVASTATING.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
(female)

sandra_c272000 HB User

Hi, Read your post. You need to see a Heamotologist, my daughter has a blood disorder called ITP. Bruises that last are because the blood is thin ,low platlets. I had no idea about this and my daughter had a bruise on her face that did not go away. I took her in because she felt bad and the next thing I know is the doctor was calling 911. She had no platlets, without them your blood does not clot. She was bleeding in her stomach and we had no idea. If you notice your bruises last to long chances are some thing is wrong. Not to scare you but I have learned ,do not pass it off and not get checked out. My daughter is pregnant and only by the grace of god they are still alive.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

Sandra,
Sorry to hear about your daughter. I too had ITP during both of my pregnancies. LONG STORIES. Curious as to how your daughter and her doctors are planning on her delivery.
hrtofluv (proud mom of 2)

Closed Thread