It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

Folksoul HB User
Blood clot in arm?

Hi, I'm just wondering, how could i tell if i had a blood clot in my arm and need to go to see a doctor right away?
I've been having this pain in my arm on my forearm below my elbow, it's been hurting now for about a week, maybe a week and a half, it will make my hand a little numb at times, but what are the main symptoms of a blood clot in the arm? please, I'm pretty young and very scared, if someone could help me that would be great...thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #2

debbishadows HB User
Re: Blood clot in arm?

I there. I was in an accident on july4th and i broke mypelvis. while i was in the hospital the nursebursted my vein trying to get an IV in. I went home and noticed a black and blue mark on my arm.Ithought nothing of it at first. Then i asked my co-workers which are pharmacists. They told me well how long has that bump been on your am? and discolored like that? I told them about 4 weeks. They told me to go to the doctors. So i did they gave me an ultrasound and they told me ihad a blood clot on my arm and to take plavix oncedaily and put heat on it. take motrin 800 for the swellling and pain. Now my arm is swelling, hurts when someone touches it and looks like a bad black and blue mark. Those where my symptoms and still are. I want to know why its notgoing away.So if you notice any of those symptoms,swelling,bump on arm,black and blue and sometimes hurt. Please see your doctor
Hope i can help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread