It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
(male)

nicknamefij HB User
constantly throbbing veins - 40-70 times a day

For the past month i have had throbbing veins in different areas of my body. I've mentioned this to my doctor and he told me to come back in a month and track where they happen. At that time I had told him they happen about 10 times a day, but after tracking them I realized how often it happens, and im averaging 40-80 times a day.

After about 1 1/2 weeks of tracking i've noticed it mostly happens in my thigh (top, bottom and side) and my neck (both the left and right side). It also occurs in my stomach (both sides, in the middle and just under ribcage), calfs, forearms, biceps, triceps, and back. Sometimes I will notice a pain over my heart like hearburn, but it also happens on my right side as well. Seems to be muscles.

Sometimes its throbs enough that i have to rub it. The throbing only occurs four about 1-3 seconds and doesnt seem to have any relative time variables. It fraeks me out sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt bother me. It's jsut weird that its happeneing on a daily basis for about a month now.

I noticed it started after I was taking prevacid, so after about 2 weeks i stopped using it. havent used it for a good month now and still the throbbing occurs.

I don't know what this could be from. I'm 21, 5'9, 180 pounds. I smoke occasionally, and work a desk job 8 hours a day. I have noticed that if i am active i don't experience them, it's more so when I'm not moving much, wether its sitting or standing.

i'm worried that my appointment is still 20 days away. if anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nick

Last edited by nicknamefij; 04-11-2006 at 10:04 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicknamefij For This Useful Post:
porshalea (01-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
(male)

noshoes HB User
Re: constantly throbbing veins - 40-70 times a day

I'm currently having the same pains! Just random sharp, throbbing pains in my veins across my body. Wow...at the bodyparts you mentioned I have have them too. But it also feels as if my blood is just "rushing" through them for 1-5 seconds that causes them to throb. And I'm 19, 5'11, 160lbs

Last edited by noshoes; 04-21-2006 at 04:19 PM.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

wow. yea thats it. have u metioned this to your doctor?

i have an appointment monday and i will be showing him my "journal" of these events. I've started taking vitamin suppliments every day for the last week and it has gone down a lot. We'll see what the doc says.....

Old 04-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

noshoes HB User

Yeah, well keep me updated. I see my doc this thurs...I really don't want to wait but what can I do.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #5
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

well the doctor thinks i might have Fibromyalgia. Doesnt think it has anything to do with my veins.

i had a blood test today, and if the results come back not so good, then more testing wil lbe done he said. he mentioned to be checked for hepatitis.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
(male)

noshoes HB User

Well thats good that he doesn't think its the veins. What was wrong with your blood test if you dont mind me asking? Also..ask him if it is possible that these pains could be potential blood clots or narrowing of the arteries.

I'll ask the same when I see my doctor.

Thanks for the update, keep in touch.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

he doubts its anything to do with my blood. heart and lungs were fine he just thinks its twitches in the muscle. does your neck feel tender or sore ever. shoulders?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

noshoes,

check out this thread. sounds familiar huh?
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=2317738

Old 04-27-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
(male)

noshoes HB User

Yes, my shoulders feel sore sometimes and my neck feels swollen. I read that thread and my problem is more related to yours. My muscles don't twitch, or maybe they do, but like you said its in a very small spot and it feels like a pulse that is just going crazy for a few seconds. My doctor told me that its nothing to worry about and that I need to get my mind off it since all of my blood work was normal. He didn't have any other suggestions (I went through some heavy duty blood work, they drained me dry)

Old 04-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #10
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

yes! the swollen neck feeling! i have that too. i ahve noticed a swollen gland in my neck, about an inch or two down from the back of my ear. i may get him to check it, but its tiny, so im assuming its a gland.

but yes, read my post in general health about low magnesium levels. its something that usually doesnt get detected in blood tests because it mosly resides in cells not the blood.

im taking suppliments right now and taking a multivitamin. they say it takes about 6 weeks to notice anything, so we'll see what happens in 6 weeks.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=386552[/url]

do you ever get the twitch/pulse in your sides? like side stomach. or in the middle stomach area. i get them in lots of places. foot, calf, thigh, butt, forearm, bicep, tricep, neck, back.

Last edited by nicknamefij; 04-27-2006 at 12:34 PM.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #11
(male)

noshoes HB User

yeah bud! everywhere..but it literally feels like its a vien that is spasing out with a strong pulse. i get them in the middle of my stomach, sometimes on my ribcage. the ones i get often are forearms, calves, thighs, triceps/biceps, butt, NECK, back, and wrists. my neck has been swollen on and off for the past few days..its not my muscle i don't believe...it looks like my cateroid arteries are swollen. i can see my neck pulsate easily now.

Last edited by noshoes; 04-28-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #12
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

wow! thats EXACTLY what i have! EXACTLY. and its freaky as hell. the one in the middle of the stomach is the freakiest. and the neck. the others i can deal with.

they never happen though if im active.

and uve done bloodwork? did u get tested for hepititas? what did u get your tests for and what did your doctor say the pulses were?

Old 04-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #13
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

noshoes,

can u tell me a bit more about yourself.

are you overweight?
how tall and how much do u weigh?
do you smoke?
what do you do for a job? is it a sit down all day job?
how is your diet?
have you ever had gastroentenstinal problems?
have you ever taken Prevacid?
are you on any medications?
do yo
u have any other problems?
have you noticed a small bump on the left side of your neck about an inch or two below the ear? might take some feeling around.

the reason I ask is becuase that is EXACTLY what i have. now im back to being convinced its my veins. it happens right where the veins would be!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
(male)

noshoes HB User

yes, my doctor did A LOT of blood work and checked for almost everything. everything came back normal.

I'm 19 years old,
160lbs
not overweight
semi-fit
non smoker/drinker
student...sit down for about 70% of the day (class/study)
health nut, only drink water and no fast foods
no gastroentenstinal problems
no prevacid
on a diuretic for fluctuating BP (normal at morning, high during the day)
had no health problems until 2 months ago. ( i passed out due to chest pains/shortness of breath, been to 3 doctors and tons of testing and everything is normal..they say my heart is normal and healthy)
been having these pulse sensations ever since
small bump, yep, just noticed it since you mentioned it...has me worried now!

i know what you mean about the veins...its right on TOP of the veins...i've actually caught it a few times on my thigh and my stomach and you can see it spasing out and "twitching." if only i could record it and show my doctor. i see my cardiologist next week...im going to ask him about it. my biggest concern right now is my neck...it bothers me to know my cateroids are swollen (if thats what it is).

i don't think its a magnesium problem for me since i eat a lot of tuna....im convinced its my veins, my doctor will have to convince me otherwise!

Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #15
(male)

nicknamefij HB User

wow. I was just about to write again. I read all your other posts and its is pretty much identical to my problems! this problem has been going on for about 2 months now. about 5 months ago i had the pinching feeling in my chest, but it was more so on the top.. like the skin. i dunno if that has anything to do with it, but as far as i can remember that was when i first starting getting nervous about some things my body was doing.

its true, i have yet to feel 100% again since this has started. I have noticed that being active and running/jogging is the only time i feel somewhat normal. i have no problems when im moving. and generally im better for about a day aftewards. (bad circulation?)

ive also noticed it goes away when go out for drinks. ????

anyways.
write me back. i have yet to hear from the blood work

oh hey, that bump... is it possible is the thyroid? could we have overactive or underactive thryoid problems? how can we find out?

Closed Thread