It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

Ladykit1980 HB User
Question Roller Coasters

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my situation: over the past couple of years when I go for my annual physical exam, my doctor tells me I have high blood pressure, but it's not so high that I require prescription medication. He said chances are it's because of my weight (5'4" and 190 lbs). However, if it doesn't come down or if it gets worse, he will put me on meds. I monitor it at home and my average is about 83/130. It gets higher when I go to the doctor only because I get nervous (female exams are pretty uncomfortable). My problem is I really like to go on roller coasters. The last time I went to Cedar Point (two weeks ago) I went on three roller coasters. The first one was pretty intense. After I got off though, I had a really bad headache, so I took two extra strength Tylenol and about 1/2 an hour later went on a wooden roller coaster. It seemed a little better, but I think it was the tylenol. Then about 3 hours later we went on the Top Thrill Dragster. It reaches speeds of 120 mph and is 420 stories high. It's only an 18 second roller coaster, but totally worth the 2 hour line up. After that ride my head was throbbing. I had to sit down and drink lots of water. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my high blood pressure at all? If so, am I putting myself into danger? I know the signs say don't go on if you have high blood pressure, but I love the thrill of roller coasters. Should I not be going on them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread