It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

rebby24 HB User
Blood Clot symptoms????

What are signs of a blood clot in your leg? I have a really wierd feeling when I bend my leg at the top of my calf. It is not necessary a pain but it feels uncomfortable. Does this sound like one? Or maybe a muscle? I just had a baby a month ago maybe this has something to do with it? Anyone have advice pls write thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

teachergirl64 HB User
Re: Blood Clot symptoms????

I don't know that you have a DVT, but you certainly need to call your doctor ASAP and let him/her know what is going on. Recently having a baby is one of the risk factors. Pain in the calf is a symptom. If the area is also red, warm or swollen, go to the ER. They can do a doppler test and tell if you have a blood clot. It's nothing to mess around with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #3
(female)

lucky7 HB User

I am glad I read this. I cannot sleep because my left forearm and left calf feel real tight right now. I can see a pretty significant vein on the back of my calf. I cant tell if it is swollen but I know what I am feeling is not right.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
(female)

lilcee HB User

I've been having an ache in my upper leg (thigh) and my upper arm (bicep) sometimes my legs feel heavy when I walk. Is this a sign also? Another weird feeling I've had for a day or two is a feeling of hot water flowing inside my leg. Does this sound like anything serious?

Old 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I had two blood clots in one leg and one clot in the other. My symptoms were severe tightness in my legs, a heaviness, and pain, especially when walking. My legs did not swell, turn red, or become warm to the touch because the veins that were affected were so deep in my calves. A doctor actually brought residents in to look at my legs and he lifted one leg and asked "Does this look like a DVT to you?" They all shook their heads. He said "Well, it is, and she's got bilateral pulmonary embolisms to match. Remember, not all DVTs will cause the leg to look abnormal." That said, MOST leg pain is not a DVT, but if the pain is persistent and definitely if it is accompanied by those other symptoms (which are certainly valid, it's just that not everyone has them) at least call your doc. The test for DVTs is super easy---just an ultrasound of the leg. I had my clots because of birth control pills and lupus anticoagulant (which recently went away, according to my latest blood tests-yay!) Best wishes to you all.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #6
(male)

zzigy9 HB User

Also, from my own history, DVT can be caused by blood disorders that are pass on from family members like my prothrombin mutant gene disorder. I have had many clots and even have a filter implant in my vena cava. Also on cumodine therapy and must keep legs up most of the time as my deep vein capillaries are ruined from previous clots.

Anyone can have their blood checked for this disorder and the older you get the more risks and if you are female on bcpills your risk is even higher.

bye for now

zzigy9

Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
(female)

trouble3906 HB User
Exclamation Re: Blood Clot symptoms????

Hi, I had both pulmonary and dvt.When mine first started i had severe cramp in bottom of my feet.My legs turned black,toe nails ect.I got dizzy every time i stood up.I guess before that the only signs were shortness of breath,and fatigued.they found 20 in my left lung and the legs were packed full,after 5 days of neglect from my EX husband i was passing out. and pule of 39.I was almost dead at arrival.but thank the good lord i got an er doctor who knew my family, my mother had factor 5 lieden diese, I tested neg.BUT have valve damage,vein damage to my legs they stay red, and feet swell so big i cannot wear shoes.If you are not sure GO.because this is a life threatening thing.I had one the size of a golf ball the left side of the heart.11 days of icu and the lateest clot buster i set here today.Ill be on coumadin the rest of my life.So dont even trust your docs own opinion,i went to mine 4 days prior.The key was no one done a PT.make him do one on your. goodluck and take care contact me if you need

Old 09-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
(male)

MIKEHO62 HB User

Will try to keep this short as is a very long story. In January 2004 my wife (aged 36yrs) went into A&E with sever abdominal pains. Whilst the clinicians were trying to diagnose her problem they put her on morphine and 8 days later with still no diagnosis and deteriorating daily they perfomed an emergency Laparotomy. They found that she had suffered a Mesenteric venous thrombosis causing a 1.5 meter section of her small bowel to die. She was put into ICU and initially was stable. After several days she caught a nosocomial bug, namely VRE. Consequently she passed away with multiple organ failure 7 weeks and 12 operations later. I am now widowed with 3 young daughters to bring up. I began legal proceedings against the hospital because i think she was neglected in that they did not make an earlier diagnosis, i am sure she could of survived this had this been the case. If someone has a similiar story and feels that they can offer help or advice then please dont hesitate to get in touch,

Kind regards Mike

Last edited by MIKEHO62; 09-25-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Old 09-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #9
(male)

MIKEHO62 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouble3906
Hi, I had both pulmonary and dvt.When mine first started i had severe cramp in bottom of my feet.My legs turned black,toe nails ect.I got dizzy every time i stood up.I guess before that the only signs were shortness of breath,and fatigued.they found 20 in my left lung and the legs were packed full,after 5 days of neglect from my EX husband i was passing out. and pule of 39.I was almost dead at arrival.but thank the good lord i got an er doctor who knew my family, my mother had factor 5 lieden diese, I tested neg.BUT have valve damage,vein damage to my legs they stay red, and feet swell so big i cannot wear shoes.If you are not sure GO.because this is a life threatening thing.I had one the size of a golf ball the left side of the heart.11 days of icu and the lateest clot buster i set here today.Ill be on coumadin the rest of my life.So dont even trust your docs own opinion,i went to mine 4 days prior.The key was no one done a PT.make him do one on your. goodluck and take care contact me if you need
Thanks for your story

good luck, Mike

Old 09-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #10
(male)

MIKEHO62 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzigy9
Also, from my own history, DVT can be caused by blood disorders that are pass on from family members like my prothrombin mutant gene disorder. I have had many clots and even have a filter implant in my vena cava. Also on cumodine therapy and must keep legs up most of the time as my deep vein capillaries are ruined from previous clots.

Anyone can have their blood checked for this disorder and the older you get the more risks and if you are female on bcpills your risk is even higher.

bye for now

zzigy9
Thanks and good luck,

Mike

Old 09-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
(female)

trouble3906 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEHO62
Will try to keep this short as is a very long story. In January 2004 my wife (aged 36yrs) went into A&E with sever abdominal pains. Whilst the clinicians were trying to diagnose her problem they put her on morphine and 8 days later with still no diagnosis and deteriorating daily they perfomed an emergency Laparotomy. They found that she had suffered a Mesenteric venous thrombosis causing a 1.5 meter section of her small bowel to die. She was put into ICU and initially was stable. After several days she caught a nosocomial bug, namely VRE. Consequently she passed away with multiple organ failure 7 weeks and 12 operations later. I am now widowed with 3 young daughters to bring up. I began legal proceedings against the hospital because i think she was neglected in that they did not make an earlier diagnosis, i am sure she could of survived this had this been the case. If someone has a similiar story and feels that they can offer help or advice then please dont hesitate to get in touch,

Kind regards Mike
Sending you best wishes and my sorrow for you.It is unreal how 1 medical mistake can ruin lives.My grandma always said everything happens for a reason ,but honestly i cant understand this at times.3 small girls to raise.And you will make it.Goodluck to you all. Lib

Closed Thread