It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #1
(female)

Lakalakalaa HB User
blood clot?

I have read a few of the other postings about blood clots, but I thought I would post something new to see if anyone had any new insight into the issue.

Okay, my problem:

A few weeks ago I had a shooting pain that started in my right foot and traveled up my leg and settled in my chest just under my right breast. It felt like a pinched nerve when it finally got to my chest, and it was very painful. I noticed that the bottom of my foot was a little swolen and had a more blueish tint than usual. The swelling went down but the pain continued for a few days, then stopped. About a week later my foot went numb for a few hours, and went numb on an off for a while after. The pain also acted up again and the swelling was back but not as bad, and no discoloration. I am not sure if this is a nerve thing, which is what it feels like, or a blood clot, which is what it sounds like. I am going to the doctor this week, but I just wanted some input. I should also mention that I am taking ortho tri cycline and have been for a while, and I also smoke cigarettes, maybe 1-4 a day. Thanks!!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
(male)

zzigy9 HB User
Re: blood clot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakalakalaa
I have read a few of the other postings about blood clots, but I thought I would post something new to see if anyone had any new insight into the issue.

Okay, my problem:

A few weeks ago I had a shooting pain that started in my right foot and traveled up my leg and settled in my chest just under my right breast. It felt like a pinched nerve when it finally got to my chest, and it was very painful. I noticed that the bottom of my foot was a little swolen and had a more blueish tint than usual. The swelling went down but the pain continued for a few days, then stopped. About a week later my foot went numb for a few hours, and went numb on an off for a while after. The pain also acted up again and the swelling was back but not as bad, and no discoloration. I am not sure if this is a nerve thing, which is what it feels like, or a blood clot, which is what it sounds like. I am going to the doctor this week, but I just wanted some input. I should also mention that I am taking ortho tri cycline and have been for a while, and I also smoke cigarettes, maybe 1-4 a day. Thanks!!
Hi,

I am a 57 year old male that has had many blood clots one very recently in my right leg calf area. All my clots occur in deep veins and I have been diagnoses with prothrombin mutant gene disorder which means I have a heredity disorder that gives me a risk of 5x more than normal people. I am on large doses of cumodin to keep my blood lnormal. Another clot has occured recently and felt like a knot in my muscle this time. Previous when my legs were full of clots in 1996, my legs swool up like footballs and very painful. Sometimes leg feels warm in clot area also.

ENsure you ask your doctor for a protein test on blood and have them also check for this mutant gene disorder. I also have a filter implant in vena cava to catch any big clots before the get to my lungs, heart or brain.

Keep in touch

zzigy9

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
(female)

CindyTucker HB User
Re: blood clot?

I have to share my story with you and hopefully give you some advice on my situation. I am 31 years old and have been suffering with Shortness of Breath and along with that is Chest Pain and I suffered with the back of my left leg cramping all the times. I can't tell you how many nights my husband sat up rubbing my legs. I have been to the ER, Doctors and they all make you feel VERY STUPID. I hear, "you are too young", and diagnose it as Anxiety and depression. So, whenever I would get these symptoms I would suffer through them and eventually would go away. About a week ago, I was bending over at work and got this HORRIBLE shooting pain that went under my left breast. I couldn't breath. If I tried to take a deep breath that pain would reoccur. So, finally it went away. I had another episode that evening. The next day I dropped my little girl off at school and as I backed out the school I had another episode and gosh this one hurt the whole way I drove to work...this is when I decided I needed to call a doctor. I called my doctor that I usually see and regardless of the symptoms I was having they wouldn't see me for another few days. So, I pulled a doctor out of my insurance plan. THANK GOD FOR THAT! I already feel stupid about going see a doctor as they make you feel because of your age. Anyway, I saw this new doctor and he was awesome...he was VERY concerned about me. He sent me to have blood work. The blood work he did was called D-Dimer. This test is to check for blood clots. My test came back Positive. A very low Positve - when you are certain to have a blood clot. He got the test results and immediately sent me to the ER to have a CT SCAN of my lungs. An ultra-sound of my Pelvis and Legs and more blood work. Thank god the CT SCAN came back negative which meant I didn't have a blood clot in my lungs but doesn't mean that it didn't resolve. The ER doctor decided himself that he wasn't going to do the ultra-sound although it was ordered by my doctor. I called my doctor that night and he was very ****** (this was a Friday night). So needless to say, I had to go in on Monday to get my orders for outpatient tests. So, I went in today, TUesday for the ultra-sounds. As you know already they found a blood clot behind my knee. He is thinking that this blood clot was breaking off and traveling up to my lungs and by the time they did the CT SCAN it had disolved. I am waiting on some more blood work to come back which is called ANTIPHOSPHOLIPIDS ANTIBODY PANEL this is to check to see if I am proned to have blood clots. He put me on blood thinner for the time being and once I get this blood work back this will determine if I will be on this medicine for the rest of my life. I hope my story and advice of blood work and ultrasounds help you. I thank god that I found this doctor and every other doctor was busy in my Parish and that he believed in me. Please keep me posted of your diagnoses and share any information that you may have. God Bless you and I wish you much luck.

Closed Thread