It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Strange Reoccuring Bruise..quite nervous!!

I have noticed for the last couple weeks that I will get a bruise that seems to appear for no reason on the top of my hand (at the base right above my wrist). The bruise is about the size of a dime. It comes and goes and I notice it more at night. There is no pain or discomfort. No other symptoms. I am 32 years old with no hx of blood disorder. I do have a benign form of tachycardia and PVCs for which I take a beta blocker; and I have anxiety for which I take klonopin. I also take a multi vitamin, calcium, magnessium, B Complex and fish oil. My whole life I have been very 'veiny'. My grandma was the same way. And it is increasing with age. None of the veins are vericose or buldging. Just blue and very easily seen in my arms and chest.

I have a fear of blood clots. I dont know why. I see Drs often and have been assured I am fine. Though this issue has never come up before.

Should I be worried..is this a symptom of anything serious?? Or should I just ignore it and expect these things with aging?

Thanks for listening!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

japlopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB Userjaplopper HB User
Re: Strange Reoccuring Bruise..quite nervous!!

If it's the only bruise, I'd try not to worry. If bruises start showing up all over with no known origin, that's when to get concerned. You're probably doing something to cause the bruise and don't realize it.

I wouldn't chalk it up to aging, but I would keep an eye out for other symptoms.

I have ITP - Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura, where periodically my platelets drop to a low level. This usually leaves me in bruises everywhere- any tiny tap can bruise me, and when I scratch an itch, it leaves tiny red dots - petechiae, which are tiny bruises under the skin from the contact.

My advice is to keep a watch, but don't be too worried.

Take care,
Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread