It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

Jen32 HB User
Symptoms of a blood clot in calf...

The past couple of days, every time I move my leg (from a sitting or standing still position) my calf cramps up for a very short time. It's in a very specific spot, and in the same place every time. It doesn't last long, and isn't terribly painful... but crampy nonetheless. And it's happening a lot, every time I move my left leg from a standstill position.

Could this be a sign of a blood clot? Everything I've read says it's burning, or hot to the touch... but I have none of that. One thing I did read says "charlie horse" could be a symptom... so I'm wondering if this could be related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
(female)

waterfairy HB User
Re: Symptoms of a blood clot in calf...

I had a blood clot in my leg that started in my calf. I have had cramps before that were just that, cramps. But with the clot that I had, it was a very different kind of pain, more intense that just came out of nowhere. It woke me up in the middle of the night. I never had any of that burning sensation that others have said they had, but the biggest problem was that my whole leg was weak and was swollen. I did not know that I had a clot in my leg, and didn't get it checked out until almost 2 weeks after it formed. By that time I had a solid clot that runs from below my knee into my pelvis.

My best advice is to call your doctor. If you are on birth control, it is always a possibility that you might have a clot. If your symptoms have just come out of nowhere, it might be a clot. There is no harm in talking with your doctor to see what he/she says. I was diagnosed by an ultrasound, and if you have one, they will find it. Best of luck to you! I don't know how helpful this was, but I just wanted to say do not wait to contact your doctor. They will be more helpful than anyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread