Blood Clot Advice Needed ASAP
Hello, I need advice please, last Thursday I was admitted to the hospital because after being given a ct scan w/ contrast the doctors said I had a blood clot in my jugular vein of my neck. I am thirty years old, non-smoker, I don't take birth control, etc.... I don't fit the profile, haven't had any injuries and there is no explanation for a blood clot to be in my neck. The doctors said it was weird and started me on Heparin.
I was given an ultrasound and they could not find the clot so they gave me an MRI and checked my brain and there was no evidence of any clotting and they gave me a vascular MRI of the head and neck and once again, no clot. At this point they had already started Coumadin and a couple of the resident doctors told me they didn't think I really had a clot and took me off of the Heparin. The head doctor freaked out and said, until they knew for sure, she wants me back on the Heparin because not doing so could kill me.
They gave me a lot of blood tests and were looking for genetic blood disorders but so far everything was coming up negative. They gave me an echocardiogram and several EKGs and everything looked good. They said I was healthy and that there was no explanation for a blood clot in my neck.
Finally, on the fifth day of being hospitalized and on blood thinners, they decided to repeat the initial ct scan w/ contrast and the next morning they told me they could not find a clot and that I could go home.
They took me off of the Heparin and said that I did not need to follow up w/ a six month regimen of Coumadin as they originally had said I would. I am so worried because I am scared that I am at risk for future clots and I am not being anticoagulated.
Where did this clot come from, can it just disappear and will I have another one?
I spoke to someone at the hospital and I explained to them how worried I am and if they would admit to me that they were wrong for initially diagnosing me w/ a clot that I would have peace of mind and that they would never hear from me again but they refuse to say that. They told me to follow up w/ my doctor and in the mean time I am living in a state of fear that I will end up suffering from a pulmonary embolism or something.
Has anyone heard of a clot disappearing so quickly or do you guys think I was misdiagnosed? I'm just so worried, I need some advice from somebody.