It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

LoriM1960 HB User
DVT questions about numbness in leg

I broke my left ankle 05/2006. Developed bilateral pulmonary embolism a few weeks later. Was on lovenox inj 2x/day for a week and warfarin until 01/2007. Started having pain in the left leg near the break about a month ago. Thought it was due to weather change.

Last weekend my leg from the knee down felt numb if I walked or sat with my leg down. It went away if I elevated it. Tuesday it was numb all day so I called the clinic and they did not have an opening and said I could come in to the walkin clinic 4 hours later. Decided to go to the ER and they did an ultrasound and found a clot in the leg. Left leg is 1/2" larger than right.

I am injecting lovenox twice a day and taking warfarin again. INR was 1.3 yesterday, waiting to hear what it is today. Took 10mg warfarin in the ER and 7.5 last night.

I have been off work for 2 days and notice that I still have numbness mainly from the ankle down if my leg is not elevated. I have a desk job and it will be hard to elevate my leg at work. Need to go back to work tomorrow or get a Drs excuse to go back on Monday.

I called the clinic and will see the Dr today. I am surprised that he did not schedule a FU appt with me since I was seen in the ER. He was aware of the visit because they called him when they found the clot.

Finally my question, Is numbness common with DVT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
(female)

waterfairy HB User
Re: DVT questions about numbness in leg

I'm so sorry to hear about your DVT. I have over a two foot long blood clot in my right leg, from above my pelvis to below my knee. I also have numbness in my leg, but it's on my outer thigh. My doctor said because my clot was so large, it damaged the nerves in my pelvis, which is causing the numbness. I don't know exactly if this is causing your numbness, but I think it's pretty common with a DVT.

I have been on the Lovenox shots so I know how painful they are. I bet your poor tummy can't wait for a break! I got my DVT Christmas Eve, and am still not allowed to work, over 5 months in with it. Definitely NO fun! I wish you the best!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread