It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

mol2lie2001 HB User
what would cause a high myelo % on blood test

What would cause a high myelo % on blood test?

This would be for my son who is 2 and during the Thanksgiving holiday went to the hospital for an all day nose bleed, petechiae and bruising that would appear if you look at him. He was diagnosed with Acute ITP. He had 5 blood transfusions, 2 IVIGs, and 1 platelete transfusion during his stay. A month later, his platelets are 311. That's wonderful, but they reran some more tests for clotting issues. Apperently some of his numbers were abnormal. What I'm wondering is are they not concerned about his myelo% being high? I forgot to ask that question and of course I will ask at our next appt. next month. I just thought someone might have some suggestions.

Last edited by mol2lie2001; 12-30-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Addison's or hashimoto's or hypothyrodism or lupus or what? jessmariebfly Addison's Disease 5 04-23-2010 03:58 PM
when you have a psa level of 600 what does that mean maarie Cancer: Prostate 3 04-27-2009 03:59 PM
What if no cause is found for low iron, anemia? TiredOTired Anemia 21 08-28-2008 08:52 AM
I think my doctor is doing everything wrong; what do you think? Ruthie84 Osteoporosis 13 01-19-2008 03:16 PM
can blood pressure cause you to collapse for no reason?? vickie45 High & Low Blood Pressure 0 01-14-2008 08:31 PM