It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

amandaber27 HB User
NO surgery and have foot long clot in right leg!!

I'm almost 28 years old and stand coloring hair ALL day. ( which my doctor says is not the cause of my blood clot, its my blood in general) I came home two Fridays ago and my foot/ankle were KILLING me. As the weekend went on, I was having horrible pain in my right leg and it was keeping me up at night and I could barely walk due to all the pain. By Tuesday I had the whole red, hot, swollen line up my leg. I went to the doctor and the ultrasound showed I had a FOOT long blood clot that was around my shin bone to knee. They gave me pain medicine with anti-inflammatory and that was it. By the following Monday, the clot was only about a inch away from the "deep" vein and is now the entire length of my leg from ankle to groin. It wasn't till then I was put on Coumadin. Its Friday now and I just got back from doctors and the blood clot is the same. Good thing is , it hasn't moved up any further, but it is
still an inch away from the vein that causes all the problems. My question is.....Does anyone know why this is all I have been given?? My blood test came back as a family blood disorder. I cant help but think I should be on something else to try and break the clot up! Right??

Last edited by amandaber27; 03-08-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: didn't explain correctly

Closed Thread