It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

Seabreezes22 HB User
Is DH's platelet count to high?

My DH had to have a physical, and our family doctor ordered a CBC with differential. When the nurse came in to get the vitals (BP, pulse rate, etc,) she made a comment about DH's platelet count being high - they were 345,000. I've trained DH to always get a copy of any testing, so he did get a copy of the blood test results.

She left and the dr came in and said everything looked good and signed his physical paper. My DH never asked the doctor about the platelet count and I wasn't there or I would have asked him, since the nurse brought it up.

I've googled through some general sites and DH's platelet level doesn't look too high to me, but I know nothing about it. Does it seem high to you, or something that ought to be monitored?

The reason I'm asking is because he's undergoing a 4 hour surgery in two weeks, and I want to make sure he's healthy for the surgery. I know that's what the doctor's for, but I've learned the hard way - I always do my own research.

The range was 150,000 to 400,000.

Here are my questions:

Is that level high?
Should it be monitored?
Are there symptoms to look out for?
At what level would a dr. intervene?

Thanks.

Last edited by Seabreezes22; 02-06-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
(female)

Seabreezes22 HB User
Re: Is DH's platelet count to high?

I posted 7 days ago, can't anyone help? Please.

Last edited by Seabreezes22; 02-13-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
(male)

Pottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB User
Re: Is DH's platelet count to high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes22 View Post
My DH had to have a physical, and our family doctor ordered a CBC with differential. When the nurse came in to get the vitals (BP, pulse rate, etc,) she made a comment about DH's platelet count being high - they were 345,000. I've trained DH to always get a copy of any testing, so he did get a copy of the blood test results.

She left and the dr came in and said everything looked good and signed his physical paper. My DH never asked the doctor about the platelet count and I wasn't there or I would have asked him, since the nurse brought it up.

I've googled through some general sites and DH's platelet level doesn't look too high to me, but I know nothing about it. Does it seem high to you, or something that ought to be monitored?

The reason I'm asking is because he's undergoing a 4 hour surgery in two weeks, and I want to make sure he's healthy for the surgery. I know that's what the doctor's for, but I've learned the hard way - I always do my own research.

The range was 150,000 to 400,000.

Here are my questions:

Is that level high?
Should it be monitored?
Are there symptoms to look out for?
At what level would a dr. intervene?

Thanks.
Hi! Doesn't sound like got too much to worry about. Normal total blood cell count is around 400,000 total. I'm sure if there wre any importance to the red count being high the doctor woul have made an issue of it.
Best wishes & Good LUCK!!!!
Randy

Closed Thread