It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

ScarlettA HB User
SED rate

My husband found out from the doc today, that his SED rate is 120. They can't figure out what is causing it to be so high. He is feeling great, eats like a horse, hasn't lost any weight, no back or bone pain, had a clean chest/lung xray, colonoscopy, doesn't smoke, is strong and full of energy. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with him to have a SED rate that high? I'm really worried, but he is just laughing it off and saying that it's no big deal?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Re: SED rate

I would first repeate this test. This is a marker for inflammation in the body somewhere. Where is what you have to find out. You may want to ask for an ANA test to see if it may show as being elevated. There could be something AI autoimmune related happening. That is very high in number. There is also a better test, it is the CRP (you can look it up), that a Rheumy would probably follow up with. My Sed rate was high and this is how they handled it for me. But, mine was only 48 and was said to be due to Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, inflammation in the thyroid gland. Hope that helps a little.
Moderate Anemia (resolved) Low Ferritin-- Work in progress! Hiatal Hernia--GERD
Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

ScarlettA HB User
Re: SED rate

FLOWERGIRL - Thanks so much for responding. My husband is going back to the doc on Tuesday, and I am hoping to go with him so that I can ask some questions. For reasons unknown, my husband hesitates to ASK the doctor specific questions. Maybe a macho thing?

I see by your signature that you have Hashimoto's Thyroid. I just posted a message in the Thyroid Board about my daughter. I suspect that she has Grave's Disease. Maybe you can look at my message in there, and give me some answers?

Closed Thread