It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
(male)

randee129 HB User
Factor V Lieden, Factor II, prothrombosis

Since most of the Factor V threads are closed...
Last January, I was diagnosed with Factor V, Factor II and a previously little known prothrombin, yet unnamed. Putting me at 3200 times more likely for a stroke. While I don't suffer any physical deficiencies from a series of strokes that started in 1999, at the age of 29. The most recent was January 2008. I have lost my immediate short term memory and have occasional, but severe, headaches.

My intention of this thread is to gather information about new emerging therapies (genetic and otherwise) for folks. If you have any information, thoughts, frustrations or issues due to these issue, feel free to post them here.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kelli1b HB Userkelli1b HB User
Re: Factor V Lieden, Factor II, prothrombosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by randee129 View Post
Since most of the Factor V threads are closed...
Last January, I was diagnosed with Factor V, Factor II and a previously little known prothrombin, yet unnamed. Putting me at 3200 times more likely for a stroke. While I don't suffer any physical deficiencies from a series of strokes that started in 1999, at the age of 29. The most recent was January 2008. I have lost my immediate short term memory and have occasional, but severe, headaches.

My intention of this thread is to gather information about new emerging therapies (genetic and otherwise) for folks. If you have any information, thoughts, frustrations or issues due to these issue, feel free to post them here.
I have a prothrombin gene mutation factor 20210...is that what you have too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
(male)

randee129 HB User

Yes, I believe that's the same as Factor II. Its one of them anyways.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randee129 View Post
Yes, I believe that's the same as Factor II. Its one of them anyways.
Do you do anything for them? Baby aspirin, blood thinners, vitamins b6, 12 & folic acid? I just found my original diagnosis paperwork and I have 2 blood disorders. The prothrombin factor 20210 and Homozygous MFTHR. Don't know what my percentage is of having strokes and blood clots. Just thought I would see what others were doing. There's a factor II on Facebook.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
(male)

randee129 HB User

I tried aspirin, but that effects your blood platelets. Because of my risk for strokes I was put on coumadin/warfarin. They seem to work well, although considerably more expensive than aspirin due to the month anti-coag visits for monitoring.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
(female)

trahuff HB User

Hi Kelli,
i also have factor v and 11 and another one that i can't recall right now and i recently shattered my heel and talus and i am unable to have surgery due to the fact that i am on 10 mgs of coumadin,have several issues with bleeding and my bones are deteriorating due to 15+years on coumadin. It has been frustrating thru the years b/c i had to give up alot of my activities. I have become ok with it over the years, but it does hinder me in alot of ways. I have an awesome team of hemotologists and am thankful for them and realize that i am very fortunate to be as healthy as i am.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
(male)

randee129 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahuff View Post
Hi Kelli,
i also have factor v and 11 and another one that i can't recall right now and i recently shattered my heel and talus and i am unable to have surgery due to the fact that i am on 10 mgs of coumadin,have several issues with bleeding and my bones are deteriorating due to 15+years on coumadin.
Wow, you know there are only like 100 of us on the planet with three of these. Not sure what your third one is.
Im on 7.5mg of coumadin.
Who told you about the bone deterioration and what caused it?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

What is Factor V Lieden? I'm not sure if I have been tested for it. I do have (as I just found the original paper my dx was written on): Homozygous MFTHR and Heterozygous Prothrombin Factor 20210 or II. Hmmm wonder if I should ask about it?

Closed Thread