It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
(female)

bluesky2031 HB User
Blood clots in the head

evening..

my boyfriend always complaining that he got headache.. after he went to the doc, the doc said he might got blood clots. he's 23 years old, working at night shift, lack of sleeping, not smoking, rarely drinking alcohol, rare eat the right foods.. (only snacking), and rarely drink mineral waters.. can it be one of the causes?

my question is :
1. What cause it?
2. What are the risks?
3. How we can cure it?

thank you for your answers..
really need it..

Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

femmedeviant HB User
Re: Blood clots in the head

Hi there Bluesky!

I wanted to let you know, this happened to me a couple years ago. IF there is any kind of chance your boyfriend has a blood clot in his head, you should find out for sure right away. I had one that had developed a couple years ago and I had awful headaches everyday, no appetite, ended up in the hospital overnight a couple nights because I could not hold anything down and was extremely dehydrated. The docs DID NOT do the right test so they didn't find it until I went into the hospital with a second one just 3 months ago. The 2nd one was much much worse. I was in the hospital for over 3 weeks.

The test they did to find the clots was an MRI with contrast (dye) to show the veins better. I have heard it can take a while to get one of these done so I suggest asking your doc about it soon. I don't want to scare you, I was very lucky that my first clot did not move for the two years and didn't cause more damage than just the headaches. My second one was worse and I was lucky that I was right near the hospital when it developed. The BEST thing you can do is: Act fast to find out if that is what it actually is! And if it turns out to be a clot, at least in my case, I am on blood thinners to help get rid of them. The one that developed in December is now completely gone, and took less than 3 months to go away.

I hope I helped, and GOOD LUCK! You will know soon either way how to take care of this!

femmedeviant
Megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
(female)

femmedeviant HB User
Re: Blood clots in the head

PS: I don't think this makes a difference in causing a clot but when I got my 1st one I was 20 years old, working nights at a hotel, lots of overtime so not enough sleep, no smoking, no drinking, and usually healthy eating and working out. I was also on the Pill though which makes a difference.

Closed Thread