It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
(female)

deb48 HB User
how long do lung blood clots last

Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: how long do lung blood clots last

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb48 View Post
Hi there,

It depends on how big they are, but usually the body resorbs the clot on the scale of a few weeks to a few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
(female)

HopeFloats7 HB User
Re: how long do lung blood clots last

Ditto to above poster. Your body should take care of it within weeks to a month or 2. Your doctor will try to find the cause of why you threw a blood clot in your lung, so that he/she can get you on either a different exercise program or medicine regimen so that it doesn't happen again. The doc should do blood work and check your clotting factors and see if you have any blood disorders that will increase your chances of having clots. Most doctors will have you on blood thinners for 6 months. But if you have something going on, you could be placed on blood thinners for life and might have to get an IVC filter, it stops clots from your legs and lower body from getting to your heart and lungs.

Closed Thread