It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Red/Orange Blood?

What can cause blood to be more orange colored? Recently I notice that my blood has more of an orange tint. This has been something I've noticed for over a month now. The blood is in the same area that would normally be a bright red for me. For example, if I cut myself while shaving my legs, usually the fresh blood is a bright tomato red color. Now, the fresh blood is an orangey red. I haven't taken any new medications (I am only on birth control pill and have been for many years), don't take vitamins, etc. I eat many nutritional bars (which is why I don't take vitamins), but I have been eating the same ones for quite a while. I'm not too sure what else can cause this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Red/Orange Blood?

I forgot to mention, I know that blood can be brighter/darker depending on its exposure to oxygen, and this has always been the case. I've just never had the more orange tint and usually it's more of a brighter tomato red or darker red. Now it seems orangey red and then of course darker if the blood isn't fresh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread