It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

realfreedom HB User
what causes warm sensation in leg ?

what causes warm sensation in leg ?

I have it now and then ,,, for only a short time.... no pain just a nice warm sensation.....

I am 67 years old female ...very healthy ... exercise daily ...
Thank you
EY

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realfreedom For This Useful Post:
kbond (06-06-2011), reiredfran (02-20-2012)
Old 07-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
(female)

plant HB User
Re: what causes warm sensation in leg ?

Does your leg feel warm to the touch? Or is the warmth something you feel within the leg, without touching it?

I ask because warmth to the touch is one of the symptoms of DVT (deep vein thrombosis.)

You might be able to find that symptom in an online "symptom checker." (These can be found by googling that phrase. There are a number of them online.)

If you do find you have symptoms of DVT, get it checked out immediately, either calling your doctor immediately or going to the ER for an ultrasound, as DVT can cause a pulmonary embolism, which is serious and needs to be prevented.)

It's great you are healthy and active. DVT arises typically with not moving about for long periods, so fortunately that doesn't appear to be your situation, but I hope you'll check a symptom checker.

Perhaps you're just a "warm leg, warm heart" person
Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

luv2travel7 HB User

Last week I had the same issue just a warm sensation in my lower legs that would come and go every day all day. There was no pain and it was not warm to touch just warm on the inside of my leg.

I went to my doctor and she ruled out blood clot (blood clots are usually painful), not diabetes (which usually have issues in the foot). She did blood work too. So she said it is nerve related that is causing the burning. I did not have any injuries to my legs, but some reason the nerve feels injured. Anyway the point is she told me to try taking 2advils 200mg 3 times a day. I seen her on a Friday and she said to do it over the weekend. To my surprise it worked, the burning sensation went away. Sorry she could not tell me the exact cause or explain in detail why the nerve was causing a warm feeling.

I know someone that had the same problem and he went to the hospital and got all these test done and it showed nothing. So if you have this problem I would try the Advil first, if that doesn't work maybe get some blood work done by your doctor, and then go from there. BTW I'm a 26year old female and I have no health problems if this matters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2travel7 For This Useful Post:
duclayton (07-13-2012), kbond (06-06-2011)
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
(female)

JMVD HB User

I've had this warm sensation for almost a week now. It scared me that I went to the doctor today 11/16/09. She did a visual exam of my legs, pressed around, no pain. I'm feeling this in my right leg around the knee and sometimes moves to the shin. It feels like hot water running through the vein but only lasts for a few seconds. I have an umbilical vericose vein that I've had for 17 years now, it's always been warm to the touch but she said that was not the problem.

To rule out that I didn't have a blood clot she did a referral immediately and marked it urgent. Within 3 hours I was waiting in a busy doctors office, seen by the doctor and took a trip to the hospital to have a bilateral ultrasound done on both my legs. Nothing was found. The doctor told me it was probably nerve endings.

I get it more when I'm sitting....so I'm more than likely pinching a nerve somewhere. I've never had this before..but at least I can sleep tonight knowing I don't have to worry about a clot and whatever this hot rush going through my leg is, nothing to worry about. I've did many Google searches and we are not alone, this seems to happen often in people.

For ease of mind, get tested for DVT like I did.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
(female)

KimberlyT HB User

In the past two days I've been feeling this strange warm wet flushing feeling in my right leg from just above the knee to just between the knee and calf. It is not painful, just warm and wet feeling. I went to see a doctor in emergency wondering if it was clot related and was told it may be related to a superficial vericose vein clot but to consult further with my gp. Subsequently, my husband found this thread while looking up the symptoms. Having read a few of the posts here I'm wondering if there might be a connection to the fact that I went in to see a chiropractor the other day. The suggestions that this might be nerve related seems to make good sense in my case. Any updates you've received would be much appreciated. I plan on investigating this path further the next chance I can get to see my doctor

Kim

Closed Thread