It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
blood disorders that cause pain everywhere???

im just curious if any one has any ideas on blood/vein problems which could cause pain all over,to keep this short,10 years ago i developed chronic headaches and headpain..shooting,stabbing, last year things got worse,stomache,back chest pains more recently shooting pain in arms and legs,mainly legs sometimes they feel heavy and tired too. i notice my veins are really prominent and have bled, also my legs keep bruising,had couple of big bruses but mainly they are small dot like. had lots of tests last year for pain,no answers from docs,i feel very ill and am getting no where! i think my doctor is missing something,im wandering if i have some sort of blood problem??? blood tests are fine,just slightly jaundice x

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User
Re: blood disorders that cause pain everywhere???

Ask your doctor about the vein condition called vasculitis. There are several different kinds which involve different sizes of vessels. Basically it is inflamation of the vessels, chronic and can be very painful. I have a couple of types as well as several other auto-immune diseases as you can see below. There is a simple test--ANCA that can start the DX along with an ELISA, ANA etc. and later biopsy of the vessels involved that can prove the DX. No one thinks to do an ANCA because vasculitis is so rare. I had a neuro who was thinking outside the box and ran this obsure test. Even he was shocked it came back positive!! If your regular doc won't run it, have a rheumy do it and not just once but several times. Labs don't get this request very often and may not know the protocol.
Hope this helps to show one direction you might take...karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
(female)

coping1 HB User

I have a blood disorder/vasculitis called Henoch Schonlein Purpura. Usually children get it and it goes away but in adults it is more severe. It causes Stomach pain, joint pain and petechia, which are the "small dots" and bleeding in the kidneys I have chronic headaches and the stomach pain is terrible-I have had kidney stones and was just diagnosed with pancreatitis which causes severe pain, but the pain from the purpura is much worse.

HSP is very hard to diagnose in adult and is sometimes a process of elimination. There is no one test to identify this disorder-most of my tests were normal. They can biopsy the petechia and look for IgA deposits. I was lucky to have a doctor who knew what it was pretty quickly but it took 16 years to find what was triggering it-I was found to have an allergy to mercury and once I had my fillings removed I was symptom free for many years. I recently had a relapse triggered by a staph infection and am currently taking cytoxan to suppress my immune system.

It might be worth asking your doctor to look into this.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

thank you for your replys,they are really helful. i am waiting to see a rheumy so thats handy!! will mention this too him x

Closed Thread