It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
(female)

washington98031 HB User
polycythemia and liver lumps

I just found out 2 weeks ago I have PV.My dr sent me to a liver dr today.I have 2 lumps on my liver that showed up on the ct scan.I go in the moring for a MRI.Is this somethig to worry about like cancer?He is running more blood work and said there is a blood test also for cancer he was running.I go weekly for my phlemo. I was relived when my bone marrow showed no cancer.Now today I felt like I was kicked in the gut again.Also do you know of any good web sites or books on polycythemia? I have so many questions and feel so alone.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
(female)

femmedeviant HB User
Re: polycythemia and liver lumps

Hi there! This site has several people (including me) with PV who are so great at sharing information and experiences with this condition. When I found out last year that I have it I looked everywhere for information and it led me here. I hope you have the same experience and get lots of your questions answered. The good thing is that you are already being treated. The phlebotomies make a big difference in how you feel and you may need to get them done often at first but later you should need them less as your blood thins out. I had them done every 2 weeks at first and then every 4 weeks, now it's every 6. Try to be open minded about what you read online about this condition. It is different for everyone and is not cancer, just something that we need to monitor and adjust to and we can live normal lives otherwise. I had some websites from when I was looking for information before, I will see if I can find them again. This is one that has accurate facts: http://www.mpdinfo.org/faq/faq_pv.html

If you have any questions please know this (as well as your doctor) is the place to ask! This is a great community that I have found to be extremely helpful and supportive since being diagnosed last year!

Megan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread