It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

jenn211 HB User
Unhappy 2 High D-dimer but no clot found??

Hi everyone - first let me thank you for taking the time to help me, I don't know what to do anymore.

Okay - Family History: My father has a blood clotting disorder and is on life long anti-coagulant therapy. My aunt had lupus. Cancer runs on both sides of my family ranging from leukemia to breast cancer.

Me -

In July I was hospitalized with a suspected blood clot; I had racing heart, trouble breathing, and felt faint. D-Dimer was high at 4.56 but echo, ultrasound, and lung CT were normal. Sent home on a moth regimen of anti-coagulants.

Yesterday, back in the ER for pain in my right leg and it felt as if my leg was emanating heat. Ultrasound clear but D-dimer elevated again at 3.86. Told to see hematologist. This morning I woke up and for the first 3 hours my pinky and ring finger on my right hand were numb.

Other possible symptoms: I have been to an endocrinologist to have my thyroid checked because despite religious exercise and eating right, I gain a pound or 2 then stay at that weight and then gain some more. Plus I have a low libido and fatigue. All tests came back normal.

I have noticed my memory is lacking these days and I can be quite irritable.

Does anyone have any clue s to what is up with me??

Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
(female)

murrinsky HB User
Re: 2 High D-dimer but no clot found??

I have had numerous checks for clots and it is a frightening prospect. D- dimer can be elevated but it doesnt necessarily diagnose a clot, it just shows there is more likelyhood of you having one. If you are unwell or suffering from another disorder etc then it can be elevated. However always go back to your GP if you are getting unusual symptoms or feel unwell as its your life and you need to be careful with it. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread