It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

BBGirl HB User
Question Broken blood vessels or ?

This past Monday I woke up and discovered I had this large patch of red squiggly lines just below my right shoulder blade running from my spine to to my side. I thought it could have been just an imprint or something, but the day passed and it never even started to fade.

Tuesday the red was turning into purple, as well as I started having some tenderness in my lower right side near my hip and the bottom two or three ribs.

Wednesday the red was pretty much gone and replaced by purple which was starting to get darker. The tenderness in my side areas had also become somewhat worse.

Thursday the red was completely gone, the purple had become quite dark and the tenderness in my side area was about the same.

During this time I have not run a fever, coughed up blood or passed blood in any manor for that matter. I have had some mild nausea, loss of appetite and sleeplessness, as well as today I've had a lot of itching on my right arm, shoulder, side etc.

I thought by looking at the marks that they were broken blood vessels, however, everything I've read said broken blood vessels will make welt like marks with spots. My marks have no spots, no welts, no bumps, sores, or raised skin of any kind. I have had broken blood vessels in my legs before which also gave a burning sensation which is not the case with what is one my back. In fact, the spot on my back actually has areas that feel numb.

More about me...
I'm a 32yo smoker, 5'2, 110lbs, divorced, unemployed and therefore have no health insurance. I only take one medication which is birth control to control reoccurring ovarian cysts. Being unemployed I spend a lot of time sitting around my house and don't tend to exercise because I don't feel I need it although some would say everyone needs it.

So my question is... has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Or had something on them like what I found on my back?

I'm starting to get concerned but don't want to have to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to because I cannot afford medical bills right now.

Any insight as to what this could be would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance to those who reply!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-29-2010 at 06:05 PM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Broken blood vessels or ?

Did you get scratched by something? Bit? Certainly sounds like you have bleeding under the skin, no fever is a good sign at least.

Red/purple marks running from spine to side with numbness, tingling and itchiness might be atypical shingles, (atypical because it isn't also painful) although you're a bit young for a shingles attack. This page has some pics of the rash, they call it a "blistering" rash but you'll notice some of them are just red-purple splotches:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000858.htm

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 10-30-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #3
(female)

BBGirl HB User
Re: Broken blood vessels or ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieLeela View Post
Did you get scratched by something? Bit? Certainly sounds like you have bleeding under the skin, no fever is a good sign at least.

Red/purple marks running from spine to side with numbness, tingling and itchiness might be atypical shingles, (atypical because it isn't also painful) although you're a bit young for a shingles attack. This page has some pics of the rash, they call it a "blistering" rash but you'll notice some of them are just red-purple splotches:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000858.htm
Hi Auntie and thanks for your reply!

To answer your question, no I haven't been scratched or bit by anything. There are no marks whatsoever aside from the squiggly lines.

I did check out the link you provided (thanks BTW), but majority of the symptoms I don't have as well as there's been no blistering. The pics I looked at, the blotches all looked like the skin was raised. I will definitely make sure to keep an eye out for any of the other symptoms however.

This morning it seems as if the tenderness in my side as subsided so hopefully whatever it is is going away. I do still have a heaviness in my chest and a slight cough, but I beginning to wonder if maybe I just so happen to be coming down with a cold at the same time as this is usually the time of year it kicks my butt because of the weather change (I live in MI).

But thanks again for your reply and for the link. I will definitely make sure to keep a watchful eye on it to make sure no other symptoms appear.

Closed Thread