It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
perroket

bleeding disorder or clotting one?

So, after many years of monitoring my platelets count, listening to different diagnoses..from leukemia to absolutely nothing, i visited a new hemo last week.I have been told for years now, that i have an elevated platelet count. Other symptoms includ bruises, petechiae at times, and the only surgery i ever underwent was a tooth extraction. the bleeding lasted 4days(was not that heavy to get hospitalized). None had ever tested me for clotting or bleeding disorders(they were 100% it was myeloproliferative disorder...hmm).
Today i got my new hemo's blood results; dysfactional platelets, nothing to do with the bone marrow or being elevated. He did some tests and he told me that either my platelets reacted too much and too fast, but on another case their reaction to clotting was 0. He'll have the specific factors tested next week.My ptt and pt are normal however.
So im now wondering, which blood disorders can cause platelets to react both too much but also on some cases not react at all? Does it sound like a clotting prob or a bleeding one?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
perroket

Re: bleeding disorder or clotting one?

anyone any ideas? the doc had told me he'd have the results today but now hes telling me to call again in 2 weeks. *shakes head

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread