It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

lily222 HB User
blood in urine..cancer?

My mother is 60 years old. They found some microscopic blood in her urine so they wanted to do another test. They said it wasn't alot. The second test still showed some blood so the next step is a urine culture.

I am very freaked out thinking it is cancer..i keep reading all about it. The urine culture came back and he said it's not uric acid stones which are rare stones and it's not a UTI but there is some bacteria and he doesn't know what is causing it.

If it isn't a UTI isn't there pretty much a great chance it's cancer?? He said a sonogram would be next to put this to rest if i wanted..he said it may go away on its own or it may be a polyp. But it just sounds like bs and i have a bad feeling its cancer

Has anyone experienced this or can give an opinion?

Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to lily222:
Jenny1434 (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: blood in urine..cancer?

Hi there...Just try and stay calm, both for yourself and your mom. I have had microscopic blood in my urine for almost 7 years. Went through every test posible with no answers. I've done searches only to find out it is a bit common in women. As long as she is not showing blood that can be visible, I seriously doubt she has a serious problem.

Has she also had blood work done?

Best of wishes and keep us posted about her tests...JJ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

Jenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB User

I too have had that and it finally cleared up on its own. They never found out what caused it. Please relax and keep us posted.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
(female)

lily222 HB User

her blood came out ok and her pressure was a little high but ok. A friend who is a nurse said blood and urine are different..

I am just really nervous..thanks for the hug jenny..appreciate it.

I feel like b/c she is older and also has a dropped bladder maybe something took a turn for the worse or soemthing

Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Your friend is right, blood work and urine are totally different but usually if anything is wrong it may show up in blood work.

I'm older then your mom and like I said, have had this going on for years and went through many tests, just had my urine tested 2 months ago again. My Dr. keeps on top of it just in case anything shows up.

I also had a hysterectomy at 39 due to a tumor and dropped bladder but all went fine and nothing wrong was found. Don't jump to conclusions till tests are done or the Dr. feels something is wrong. The bacteria could be from a cold or even an intestenal cold/virus infection.

Best to you and your mom...JJ...

Old 04-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

lily222 HB User

would the dr had mentioned checking for cancer? would he be able to tell if there were cancer cells in her urine? He said it's not a UTI but there is bacteria, doesn't know from what.

He wouldn't mention the word cancer and said maybe it's stones (even though he ruled uric acid stones out and she isn't experiencing pain to have the other types of stones imo) and he mentioned a polyp maybe

I just have a horrible feeling..keep reading all these different sites and message boards..and they are gonna take a sonogram of bladder and kidneys..

just doesn't look good...he said there is bacteria and he doesn't know from what...which i don't get that statement..isn't that considered a UTI then..i hope there isn't something he didn't tell us that we should be more concerned with.

Last edited by lily222; 04-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
(female)

lily222 HB User

any thoughts? please

Closed Thread