It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

mrsboston HB User
Unhappy What do splinter hemorrhages mean? Help please...

Hey there everyone, a couple months a go I found that I had a few of these splinter hemorrhages at the tips of my finger nails. I went to the doctor and they ran blood cultures and I had an echo done, they said they were checking to see if I had an infection of my hear valves but all checked out just fine. They went away but this past week I have gotten several more, lower down on my mails, pretty long ones and more then one on each nail that they are on. So far I have them on both thumbs, middle finger of my left hand, index finger of right hand and middle finger of right hand. I have also noticed in the past 2 months that my nails have become very rigid, they use to be smooth. The only other thing I notice with my hands is that for the past 2 months they have been going numb while I am asleep, mostly the right hand but the left has a few times.. Every single time I wake up my right hand is so numb that I cant feel a thing. I am not sleeping on it or holding it strange or anything so I am unsure why this is happening. I wonder if I have them on my toes too? I keep my ties painted so I guess I need to take the paint off and check them out. At any rate I am very scared. I have health anxiety so it makes it even worse. I almost want to run to the ER and ask them to look at them but I would feel like an idiot. Can I still have an infection in my heart even though my test last month were negative? What else could this be? I have also been getting petechia here and there but they ran blood work and said it all checked out good. I have not been banging my hands or anything so I know it is not from trauma. The only other time that I have ever had these is when I have gotten my nails done, for some reason every time I get fake nails on a few days later they appear and I can see them through the acrylic though I never knew what they were and didn't think much about them.

Does anyone have any idea's? I am so scared of what this can be. Have any of you had these before? More then a few? I have been having so many strange things going on with me if the past 2 years I don't know what to think anymore or where to turn. Thank you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

mrsboston HB User
Re: What do splinter hemorrhages mean? Help please...

Someone please?? Anyone??

Closed Thread