It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Peripheral artery disease

I have peripheral artery disease in my left leg behind the knee cannot do angioplasty because of the location and my cardiovascular surgeon will not do bypass because of my age I'm 56 because it might not last long and then he would have to take the leg off when it failed ,this is my second opinion other dr. said the same thing.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #2
(female)

ANGELINMICHIGAN HB UserANGELINMICHIGAN HB User
Re: Peripheral artery disease

Vann, sorry nobody answered you on this, how are you feeling?

Angelinmichingan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
(male)

Tnscooter HB User
Re: Peripheral artery disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I have peripheral artery disease in my left leg behind the knee cannot do angioplasty because of the location and my cardiovascular surgeon will not do bypass because of my age I'm 56 because it might not last long and then he would have to take the leg off when it failed ,this is my second opinion other dr. said the same thing.
Hello Vann, I hope you will inform us more as to what you will do or what info you find. I started dealing with PAD almost 10 years ago and I didnt realize, or maybe denied it, that this was a serious reality in this day and time. I had aeorta bypass at the ripe ol' age of 40 and it has been pretty good so far considering I had 90% blockage in one leg and 100% in the other. I have also had 3 or 4 balloons and 3 stints in either legs or heart since then. I am pretty sure I am having blockage again, which is why I came to this site. I have been having problems with blood pressures again and I hate to take the meds but I have tried most everything I could and it hasnt helped like the meds. I guess I am doing better than I was since when I was first diagnosed they told me that they had to work on my heart before my legs, because they werent sure it would handle the operation. I for one refuse to give up and will never take any Dr.'s opinion as the final answer, get a 3rd, 4th or 5th if you have to.

Closed Thread