It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
(male)

Harry J HB User
Low Blood Platelets/Chronic Fatigue ?

I am in my early 60's male and over the last two years of blood tests have consistently had low blood platelet counts 106 to 120 normal is 140 to 400. I don't know if this has anything to do with my chronic fatigue i.e. I sleep nine hours at night and need at least a two hour nap daily. My thyroid, breathing, are all okay. Any comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

sleepytee HB Usersleepytee HB User
Re: Low Blood Platelets/Chronic Fatigue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry J View Post
I am in my early 60's male and over the last two years of blood tests have consistently had low blood platelet counts 106 to 120 normal is 140 to 400. I don't know if this has anything to do with my chronic fatigue i.e. I sleep nine hours at night and need at least a two hour nap daily. My thyroid, breathing, are all okay. Any comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Yes, those are your energy carrying cells. Although this isn't a direct answer for you, it may give you some clues. Check out the Lymes Disease Board. I just sent this note to my chiropractor:
Hi Mark,
I don't know if I told you or not, but among my dx is Lyme Disease and Hypotension. I was just on a website in which they explained the infection in the brain:

I had a combined neurocardiogenic and vasopressor response, a double fail. This meant that the Lyme bacteria had inflamed my vagus nerve, which is the major communicator between the heart and brain.

My cardiologist graciously explained that when a healthy person stands up, blood normally pools in the legs due to gravity. To compensate for the lower quantity of blood returning to the heart after standing, the body releases adrenaline. The adrenaline surge makes the heart pump harder and faster, thus allowing the blood to pump quickly back from the extremities to the brain and vital organs.

In neurally mediated hypotension (NMH) there is a miscommunication between the heart and brain. As you stand up, and the heart needs to beat faster, the brain misfires and sends out the message that the heart rate should be slowed down, and that the blood vessels in the arms and legs should dilate. More blood is taken away from the central part of the circulation where it is needed, and lightheadedness and syncope (fainting) can result. These symptoms occur because the brain is not getting enough blood. Although frightening, fainting can actually help the patient by returning him/her to a flat position, removing the pooling effect of gravity in the extremities, and allowing more blood to return to the heart.

I had a heart ablation 3 years ago for this and felt much better. But, slowly about 6 months later the PVC's/Tachacardia began again. Looking up the vegas nerve I found that a chiropractor can "fix it".

. Loomis said that he had had this problem for so long that he would need more than one adjustment and needed to go to a chiropractor who was an expert in adjusting the atlas. Ed chose a doctor who developed an instrument to adjust the atlas and has been doing these adjustments for 48 years. He did specific tests, including a temperature sensor test and x-rays to determine if the atlas was misaligned and which way to move it. Using his small machine, he did the atlas adjustment and then monitored the spinal cord to see the results. Ed felt immediate relief. He told me that he felt much stronger, could sleep better and in fact, felt well enough to travel extensively and start a new business. A great achievement for a man who was disabled and could not work.

Excited after this conversation, I called my other four insomniacs and asked them if they had had a head injury. All of them replied yes and all had had more than one injury. So, if you balance your body chemistry, improve your digestion, eat a good diet, heal your thyroid gland and you still cannot sleep even though pain does not awaken you, check out your atlas with a qualified chiropractor. Other symptoms of an atlas problem in addition to insomnia and severe spells of weakness include: severe headaches in the back of the head and neck or radiation to the forehead or behind the eyes, easily startled by sudden sounds, inability to think clearly, stiff joints and loss of joint mobility.

Also, something that may help you greatly: Get your hands all your lab reports. I just got mine from a hospitilization I had in 1994 and a recent one and found they interpreted these as NORMAL, but they were in no way normal. I had Red Blood Platlets, and others indicating infections!
Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Low Blood Platelets/Chronic Fatigue ?

Harry when you got your blood work back and the platelet count was so low, did your doctor tell you that you should go to a hematologist? That is what I would suggest to you.

God bless, Sue

Closed Thread