It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
(male)

SweetWaterBee HB User
Question Blood Work

I am 45 years old and in great shape and great health. No issues. My doctor told me last year to get a routine blood lab test done. I did. Everything was great. He told me again this year that he wants lab work done.
Should I get blood work done every year? I thought is was every five years that blood work should be done?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
(male)

Jakepod34 HB User
Re: Blood Work

I would recommend getting your blood once every other year. Getting it done every year without any reasons may be kind of over-cautious and a nuissance at the same time, but it is totally your decision. If your doctor tells you to have routine annual bloodwork done, I would just ask him/her if every other is okay but it is not neccesary unless you have complications in between these times. If your family has a history of serious health conditions, no matter what they may be, I would certainly think of it being worthwhile however!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread