It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
(male)

MEEKS HB User
Dizziness/Vertigo and High Platelets

I've been having dizzy spells for about a year now, and oddly, I sometimes get "flashers" or weird light in my vision on the days when it occurs. I also have pain in my fingertips and toes on my right side. When I first went in, my platelet count was a bit high, but not alarmimgly high. The second time I went in, it was elevated even more. Yesterday I had a very bad dizzy/vertigo spell along with the tioes and fingertips pain on the right side and went to Urgent Care. Again there's been a slight elevation in platelets. I asked the doc if I should be worried about leukemia or cancer and she said, since this has been going on for a year, and since the numbers don't really indicate leukemia or other cancers, that it's "highly unlikely" that I will be found to have cancer.
But whey is she now sending me to a Hematologist and an Oncologist?

Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

Mercyan HB User
Re: Dizziness/Vertigo and High Platelets

Hey!

Those are typical symptoms for E.T that can be experienced even with lower platelets (around 500.000-600.000) also they hapen more often in people that are Jak positive.
Do you take aspirin? And how high have the platelets been?
I have noticed that if you do a lot of sports, especialy swimming the symptoms get a lot better, but you have to do this continuously.
(sorry for the english im from Portugal)!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
(male)

MEEKS HB User

Still waiting for the test results on the JAK2, but yes, it has been diagnosed as E.T.. I am definitely going to be excercising a lot with resistance bands and running for the rest of my life. Thanks so much for your reply.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
(male)

MEEKS HB User

Yep, now definitely JAk2 positive. I'm fully processed with this in my mind now. Been on hydroxyurea and my platelet count went from over a million to just above 600k, so there's been some improvement. You all have a safe and healthy Christmas Holiday.

Closed Thread