It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

karynhomes HB User
blood clot??

My daughter who is 20 and very physically fit, suddenly started complaining about knee pain which moved down her leg to the calf. She has a homosysteine gene, which make her more susceptible to blood clots, her father had a pulmonary embolism at 45, also realtively healthy. What does a bloot clot feel like?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

She Emerges HB User
Re: blood clot??

Well for me it was painful but it was all in my back mine started mid calf and went all the way to my groin. no pain at all in my leg just the lower back and hip. then after 2 weeks of that I move the wrong way and it sounded like a pop and was the worst pain I have ever had. I went to bed and when I got up the next morning my leg was 2x's the size of my other leg and warm/red. I went to Urgent care and they sent me right over to the ER were I spent 6 days. that was yr and half ago and still have prbs with my leg. its stiff and I cant stay on my knees for all too long.. I hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
(female)

karynhomes HB User

Thank you, yes, that helps

Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karynhomes View Post
My daughter who is 20 and very physically fit, suddenly started complaining about knee pain which moved down her leg to the calf. She has a homosysteine gene, which make her more susceptible to blood clots, her father had a pulmonary embolism at 45, also realtively healthy. What does a bloot clot feel like?
A person can have blood clots with no symptoms. They don't become dangerous until they start moving, if they move.

I had blood clots when I was about 27 (I am 64 now), I had to go to the hospital because I was having bad chest pain. The doctor admitted me to the hospital and put me on blood thinner. Mine was due to birth control pills.

With your daughter's medical history, if I were you I would encourage her to go to the doctor/or the ER to be checked out.

I hope she starts feeling better soon.

hugs
Daisy

The following user gives a hug of support to Daisy65:
karynhomes (11-27-2011)
Closed Thread