It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
(male)

NDsouth HB User
Anxiety and blood pressure readings

Hi....

I am a newbie and this is my first post.....Question....

I am taking lisinopril for high blood pressure, but I am convinced that I have white coat syndrome or a cuff type syndrome.

In any event my question is can anxiety raise my BP even though am taking medication? and is it reasonable that the increase is something like 15/5?

Thanks

Old 12-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Anxiety and blood pressure readings

yes stress or anxiety can raise your blood pressure that amount. I also seem to have white coat syndrome and my doctor knows this about me. She has to take my BP at least 3 or 4 times to get a proper reading, it's always high with the first reading and gets lower each time, by the 3rd or 4th time she can get a more normal reading. If she only took it once my blood pressure would always come up high at the doc.

Last edited by captjane; 12-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread