It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

pinklove1 HB User
ana titer

Hi all, ive been having what seem to be blood spots on me since october. they are not petechiae and are scattered all around my body and dont last longer then 3 days and fade away. Ive had CBC's done which were normal. My derm suggested doing a ANA if it would make me feel better since im worried, she didnt seem to be concerned. my ANA WAS A 1:40 (1to40) while my test says positive all of my doctors are calling this a negative result and very low. They are not concerned said i do not have lupus. My blood pattern was speckled. Can anyone give me some insight to as why my paper says positive but my docs are saying negative and what a speckled pattern means??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: ana titer

Low titers of ANA (say, 1:40 - 1:80) are considered negative. Only higher titers are considered positive. That's why your MD isn't worried.

There are several patterns of ANA. Each pattern is associated with certain diseases.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

pinklove1 HB User
Re: ana titer

Thanks for the reply. I was told today that 1:40 is indeed negative. I called the lupus foundation and they were great and returned my calls we were playing tag for a little! Doc did some more blood work just hoping thats ok.

Take care

Pink

Reply Reply