It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

gina5595 HB User
Elevated Von Willebrand Panel

Well, I'm happy to be able to vent if nothing else.
I had an emergency c section in June of 04. A few days later I was still running a fever and they did a ct scan and found that I had been hemoraged badly. After 10 days in the hospital they said that it was probably due to the 17 hours of labot before the c section. In October of 04 I had my tubes tied and I hemoraged again. The ob sent me for blood tests and referred me to a hematologist. The results of that blood test was...Von Willebrand Factor was 273. range 56-191...Von willebrand antigen was 281. range 46-142...Von Willebrand (R:CO) was 246. range 43-156. Easiniphils was 9, range 0-2.
Everything else was in range, some tests were close to not being in range. No difinitive answer was ever given. The hemotologist said it was probably something they gave me to put me to sleep for the surgeries and I left it alone.
Now, I am thinking about having surgery this summer and I wanted to check on this again because I don't want to bleed to death! Tests done again 04/12
So, the results this time were:
VW VII activity was 226
VW Factor activity was 194
VW factor antigen was 472
VW factor collagen binding activity was 274.
LY% was 45.0
MCH 32.4
MPV 6.6
All other test were in range.
I also have severe RA and Sjogren's diagnosed in 2008 with RA and 2012 with Sjogren's.
I am worried and I just want to know what the sossibilities are. I go back to see the hemotologist on Thursday but I want as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks for you time. I appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply