It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

rayon HB User
Possible ET?

Hi,

recently I have been having some health issues and have been running backwards and forwards to the doctor since about January for various blood tests. The last two blood tests have shown that I have raised platelets and googling this to find out what exactly that means I have noticed that this seems to account for an awful lot of my symptoms.

I have had various migraine incidents - usually I get one a month but last month I had about 15, all with light shows and nausea. I also had one vertigo attack. I get severe itching after I shower and I have had an odd creeping tingly feeling in my finger tips just a couple of times and very short lived. (I accounted for this because of my Raynaud's but it was a very differenct sensation to a Raynaud's attack.) At one point I thought that my thyroid medicine was too high but I came across an article that described how I had been feeling exactly - weak and fatigued, 'hyper lower bowel motility' (needing to run to the loo all the time!) but no anaemia and heart burn.

I have to return to the doctor to get the blood test repeated a third time next week. Would I be crazy to take along the article from the internet? It seems to be from a fairly reputable orgnanisation but I don't want to insult my GP's intelligence! He adjusted my thryroxine to see if that makes a difference.

Of course I would be happier if it was simply a case of needing my thyroxine adjusted and these things take time to get to the bottom of but this article seemed to describe most of the things I have been experiencing of late.

I'm not normally a hypochondriac!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

Lynn Holmes HB User
Re: Possible ET?

I think in these times, doctors appreciate patients who are knowledgable about their own bodies and take the time to become educated about possible diagnoses. Don't think of it
as becoming a hypochondriac but as someone who is helping to explore all options in finding an answer to pain and discomfort. I am sure you have other ways to get attention at home from friends and family. Keep reading and researching. Work in partnership with your doctor and you will eventually find a solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn Holmes For This Useful Post:
rayon (04-25-2012)
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
(male)

Pottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB User

Hi Rayon! U might want to take a look at Polycythemia Vera symtoms;which are sort of similar to Et in a way.I was diagnosed with PV in 2000;but,systoms dated back to 1994.I had a red face,bloodshot eyes,headache,dizzyness,anxiety,and terrible itching sensation after a hot shower (from my knees to my ankles.That's how I got diagnosed;was the itching.I told my family Dr. about it at an annual check up.All of my blood count levels were high.He referred me to a hematologist and after a bone marrow test was diagnosed with the PV.
Just something U might want to check out.
Randy

Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
(female)

rayon HB User

Thanks Randy.
I did read about this one but all my other levels are normal.

On the positive side, I have not had a migraine for over a week now and my other symptoms seem to be subsiding.

I have my blood test repeated tomorrow. Perhaps the doctor will have good news for me by the end of the week!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
(male)

Pottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB UserPottsey1 HB User

Good deal!Hope everything works out for U!
God Bless & Take Care;
Randy

Reply Reply