It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
(male)

slicksteiner HB User
need advice

Good day, do a result of 3.66 x10^9/L of WBC consider low? or is it in the normal range?

Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: need advice

Labs have different values. Without knowing what that lab considers normal range, it's hard to say. Was there no range listed on the report?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
(male)

slicksteiner HB User

range would be 4.23 - 9.07... i was wondering with the result since last 5 days ago, i did get a cbc in another lab where the result shows that I got around 7.6 and the range is 5-10 x10^9/L. is it possible that accuracy of the machine is in question?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Possibly or it just could have been an anomaly in the testing.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

Nikkigirl2002 HB User

I have no credentials: but I've had blood work done. If all other levels were the same: of very very similar, that would indicate something; I'd call the lab of the second blood test; tell them about the first test: and see if they'd give an opinion. Whoever ordered the test - the medical practioner, should have the results; and should give you an opinion. For it to be an anomaly; as was said, I believe the other numbers would be similar and that leve be the only one skewed. Just an opinion. Nikkigirl

Old 05-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
(male)

slicksteiner HB User

Thank you. I have reviewed both results and seeing that only hemogoblin and WBC are far off. since previously HGB is at 136 g/L and the latest result became 148 g/L. Ms. Nikki, your analysis is correct other values doesn't vary too much. I called my family doctor and she said that it may be due to machine reading, but she assured me that both my HGB and WBC is still considered normal

Reply Reply