It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Unhappy help i feel bad

We were hoping that I had hypothyroidism but I guess I don't.

I'm tired all of the time.
I get to the point where I am exhausted.
When I work out I feel like I'm going to pass out / can't breathe... but not from my asthma, it feels like my body can't handle the work out. (LA BOXING)
It literally feels like the blood doesn't have enough oxygen to keep me going or something weird. My hair falls out, I have hairy arms and face etc...
I'm just exhausted. I'm only 32 I have two kids 2.5 and 4.5 work 8-5...
I just don't understand what is going on with ME!!

Can anyone see anything from these blood results?

Thanks a million
nae

TSH 1.390 (.450-4.500)
T4 10.8 (4.5-12.0)
IRON 40 (35-155)

Hemoglobin 11.6 (11.5-15.0)
Hematocrit 35.8 (34.0-44.0)
MCH 25.7 (27.0-34.0)
MCHC 32.4 (32.0-36.0)
MCV 79 (80-98)
Monocytes 4 (4-13)
RDW 17.0 (11.7-15.0)
WBC 5.8 (4.0-10.5)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
(female)

naenae80 HB User
re: help i feel bad

I also am so irritable. Cranky as freaking cranky can get at times. LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Welcome to the blood vessel health board! If a person feels bad and blames boxing maybe they are right. It has been said that boxing makes the brain go back and forth inside of the skull and there is danger of concussion. Has an MRI been done? I would not be paid to box. It could cause the brain to bleed inside or to tear delicate membranes. It could damage the pituitary according to some.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
(female)

naenae80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi Welcome to the blood vessel health board! If a person feels bad and blames boxing maybe they are right. It has been said that boxing makes the brain go back and forth inside of the skull and there is danger of concussion. Has an MRI been done? I would not be paid to box. It could cause the brain to bleed inside or to tear delicate membranes. It could damage the pituitary according to some.

Oh gosh no. We are just working out and only punch gloves I'm not boxing in a ring or anything. No head involvement except to keep it up when exhausted

Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
(female)

naenae80 HB User

also, having short term memory problems.

The following user gives a hug of support to naenae80:
sjb (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi sometimes a place can feel quite stuffy where there are a lot of others working out also. There may not be windows for fresh air and one might smell the sweat in there. I suspect the carbon dioxide levels can be a bit higher in there more than outside in fresh air near trees and plants that put out oxygen, because everyone breathes the same air.
Does the feeling of not being able to breathe occur in other environments?

Personally first I would do walking for exercise instead of boxing to see if there is a change.

The minute I felt like passing out I might go to the emergency room just in case there is an impending problem.

I might see a respiratory doctor and also a neurologist if there are continued difficulties because one might be lung the other problem of feeling like one might pass out could be a neuro problem. Being cranky is sometimes a symptom of low blood sugar. I would be careful not to use sweets since this could drive sugar up then down lower than before. The doctors could check the blood sugar if they have not already. I would not bother with the test for hypoglycemia in which they have a person eat a lot of sweets and then check it. It can be very stressful on the pancreas and one who did that test felt very sick everytime it was done.

Maybe too much exercise is done because usually exercise especially if one is overworking uses up sugar in the body.

One could try eating things that digest sugars and give it out on a more even level such as beans, potatoes and grains and low to moderate amounts of fats. Even with fats, these eventually turn to sugar by the body and should not be overdone and they make the pancreas and liver work.

Peace, sjb

Old 06-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
(female)

naenae80 HB User

Thanks a bunch sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to naenae80 For This Useful Post:
sjb (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome! Let me know how it goes if desired. Peace, sjb

Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

Hypothyroidism definitely can't be ruled out based on just one test (TSH). At the minimum, you also need a free T4 test run. Free T3 would be helpful, as would TPO antibodies and Tg antibodies. TSH is NOT the be-all end-all "gold standard" that doctors have been taught.

I don't know nearly as much about anemia as I do thyroid disease, but your iron looks pretty low, and you haven't listed a ferritin result - which is just as important a test as iron. Don't settle for being told you have nothing wrong with you.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
(female)

naenae80 HB User

Thanks. I sort of settled with that I need a new doctor. July 1st! Lmao

Wagh

Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Red face Re: help i feel bad

Ok so now I'm like exhausted. I'm 32 have to kids I work full time. But. Should I be exhausted when I get home. I work at sitting at a computer and I walk at lunch. I've now been on 3 different antibiotics in a row to try to shrink a swollen lymph node in my neck. Its on the upper limits of normal. Whatever that means.

I had an ultra sound then ct. Then went to ent. So now I've been on augmentin levaquin then keflex. My eyelids are swollen my eyes hurt when I blink and burn and itch. Very odd. Thought it was from Keflex but ent says he doesn't think so and wants me to go to ophthalmologist.

I had gastric bypass 10 yrs ago.

Docs now want me to wait 3 weeks before we do anything else. Whatttt?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
(female)

naenae80 HB User
Re: help i feel bad

Hey Midwest1, do you think having a 4mm cystic nodule in my right thyroid gland means anything? Basically the Doc is trying to say Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...

Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
(female)

naenae80 HB User

TSH 1.390 (.450-4.500) was my tsh then and now it's .98 is it common to fluctuate? They didn't do the t4 this time...

The following user gives a hug of support to naenae80:
sjb (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! I am sorry your levels seem to fluctuate. This is not to say you actually have this but people with Hashimoto's disease the thyroid levels can fluctuate and those who have had their thyroid irradiated perhaps because of Grave's disease can also do the same thing. I hope things can straighten out for you so you feel better. Peace, sjb

Reply Reply