It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
(female)

Grace188 HB User
Blood Clot from Ortho TriCyclen?

I started taking Ortho TriCyclen about a week ago. Only a few days in I started to feel almost a swelling sensation in my left leg, on the opposite/inside of my knee. I assumed it was a pinched nerve at first and chose to ignore it. It wasn't as noticeable at first but throughout the next day/two I was very aware of the pressure and pain coming from my leg. It felt (more so now) like there is not enough blood flow through my leg. Though it is not of crying and racing to the hospital degree, the pressure is shockingly intense and it feels warm and tingly at times (now affecting both legs).

I've read the side affects of this specific birth control and have been informed from my doctor as well. I have also taken the liberty of doing my own research. It might just be my paranoid self, because it seems too early for there to be any visible side affects, and they are so rare at that.

My question would be for those who have had, or are knowledgeable about, blood clots (specifically Deep Vein Thrombosis if possible, but anything will help) how did it feel to you? Anything related to Ortho TriCyclen as well would be more than helpful.

I am fully aware I may be completely overreacting, but I don't want to overlook something that could be harmful to me. I plan on making a doctors appointment within the next week, but was hoping to get some feedback. Thank you!

Old 08-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

JennyBenny318 HB User
Re: Blood Clot from Ortho TriCyclen?

Wow it came on that fast? I was on that, well the generic of that pill which is Trinessa. I was on that for 2 1/2 years and I got DVT. Read my post here: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/blood-blood-vessel/913742-blood-clot-left-calf-dvt.html

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
birth control pill ortho tri-cyclen, blood clot