It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 04:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Perfumed Fan HB User
Can coumadin make it difficult to urinate?

This isn't listed in the patient information but I've had difficulty urinating since taking it: difficulty starting and difficulty keeping a stream going until my bladder feels empty. I was checked by a doctor who said I was fine. Is it the coumadin?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Can coumadin make it difficult to urinate?

I looked around at side effects, but what you're mentioning doesn't seem to have anything to do with your medication.

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Perfumed Fan (09-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

What you are describing sounds more like anticholinergic side effects. Have you started any other new medications? Antidepressants, antihistamines, antispasmodics for GI tract, for example, could cause this. If you were male it would be a different story-like prostate trouble. Any vaginal itching, burning, swelling, etc that could be affecting(closing off) your urethra?

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Perfumed Fan (09-24-2012)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Perfumed Fan HB User

@ladybud:

I DO have a yeast infection. Symptoms started several days ago: itching, discharge, burning/irritation. I've started taking monistat. I'm not using any of the other things you mentioned. I started taking coumadin in May, the difficulty urinating started the next day. Just a coincidence? Could a yeast infection be asymptomatic that long?

Last edited by Perfumed Fan; 09-24-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: left out information

Reply Reply