It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

techieguy68 HB User
Red blood cell count

I have had a film in my mouth (unable to brush or mouthwash away), bleeding in the mouth, skin coming off inside my mouth, itching and hives all over my body for about a year or so. Also the little white taste buds on my tongue have been growing to about 1/8". I have been pulling them off with tweezers. I just got my complete blood count results. RBC, HEMOGLOBIN, and HEMATOCRIT are all low by a point or two. I have been checked for thyroid and hepatitis, negative on those. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on with me?

Last edited by techieguy68; 10-15-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
(male)

ameliajo HB User
Re: Red blood cell count

Hi! Did you ever figure out what was going on? I do mind-body and medical research. I don't know for sure what might be happening, but my educated guess would be that this is an allergic reaction to something -- possibly food. On the mind-body front, I'd say that there is an issue with boundaries. The skin is almost always about boundaries. So are you feeling "invaded" by someone else, or are you reacting to something someone has said, or is someone reacting to you? Are you wanting or needing some emotional nourishment you aren't getting? Are you not being considered by someone you love? Hives are common allergic reactions and so is skin peeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Red blood cell count

The anemia would indicate something chronic, as well as the itching and hives for a year or more. Some things that come to mind are to try to find out what kind of anemia it is, which can be hinted at by the size of the red cells. MCV on your lab reports. If small, it is usually iron deficiency, if large, it would be Vit B12 or folic acid deficiency, and if normal, just related to a chronic condition. I would look for that result, and would want to rule out a yeast (candida) infection in the mouth, which can be done by a smear or culture for yeast. Several autoimmune disorders, like lupus, can cause mouth and tongue abnormalities, as well as chronic hives and anemia. I would ask your Dr to check an ANA for lupus and antithyroid antibodies for autoimmune thyroiditis. You can have antibodies with normal thyroid function, and this is related to chronic hives /itching. It is a different test than what is done to check thyroid hormone levels. One other consideration is whether this could indicate a gluten intolerance or celiac disease, which can cause anemia, mouth problems and rashes. If your yeast culture is positive, the reason you have that must be explored thoroughly. I know that is a long list, but all those things are possibilities. Any new meds started about a year ago? Could even be a side effect, allergic in nature, to a drug.

Reply Reply