It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

beingpositive HB User
life after dvt- what can i expect?

I was recently diagnosed with an extensive DVT that spans for my groin to my ankle. I'm 31 years old and have not had any other health problems in the past. Most of what I read on the internet has pretty bleak outcomes. I'm hoping to find some positive encouragement from folks who have experienced something similar.I'm currently on xarelto and that's it. I'm in the process of looking for a job and have an interview on Monday. I'll all either be going on crutches or in a wheelchair is I've been instructed not to put any pressure on my leg.I don't think I could put any pressure on it if I wanted to because the swelling is out of control. It no longer feels tight and most of the pain has subsided but the leg is just very big and still pretty heavy.I'm an educator so my job requires me to do lots of standing and walking around large school buildings. I also have an 18 month old son. Can anyone give me any idea how long it will take to get someone back to normal?I haven't been able to find any post where people say that they are 100 percent back to normal or completely recovered. Has anyone with this condition had a happy ending?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
(female)

ta7ppe4t HB User
Re: life after dvt- what can i expect?

Hi I recently suffered an extensive dvt groin to ankle multiple clots, first couple of weeks could put no weight on leg, also scared and didn't know what to do or not do lots of conflicting info. I purchased compression stockings elevated my leg as much as I could but also tried to move it after 10days I could walk short distances with support, still pain and pins and needles, injecting 2x daily with heparin quite large does I think then on to warfarin orally. everyday tried to do a bit of housework and gardening gradually getting better. Now 5 weeks later bck to work but very tired after work, still not sure if I am getting well, still at risk etc. just keep taking each day as it comes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply