It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Blood and Blood Vessel Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

ParadoxicalLife HB User
Question Perspective on Blood Lab Results

I have some not great reports from the Emergency room. I called and spoke to an Phlembotomy to explain to me to understand the results...
WHat she is telling me is that I need to review with my PCP because my blood work/labs are showing signs of:
"Lymphocytosis. With coordinating labs and compared to previous labs from this past summer, a diagnosis of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Coordinated labs also show concern for SLE (Lupus)."

- Low RBC & Hct levels.
- High Abs Lymph levels.
- High MPV levels.

ANy other medical warriors make any sense of this? My RBC has been low all summer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Perspective on Blood Lab Results

It is hard to say anything without some actual numbers to see. If you can get those, it would be helpful. First, I would not panic, because some labs put general descriptors on lab results that are not necessarily specific to your results. These can be just computer generated based on the numbers. For example, yes a high white cell count can mean leukemia, but it depends on how high and many other factors are required to evaluate that. Strep throat can cause a high white count too, so the degree of elevation is very important. I don't think the comments are pointing to a particular diagnosis, only guiding the physician to consider certain possibilities. I would call the ER and ask them to print you a copy that you can pick up, or email you a copy, and call your PCP to discuss. If that can't happen until tomorrow, you can post the numbers if you'd like, but remember only general lay comments will be obtained here. There may be something reassuring on the report that would give you some peace of mind until you meet with Dr., and that would be nice if the numbers are only minimally elevated, or low, like HCT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply