It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 11:56 AM   #1

ChadNDallas HB User
Leg Pain????

For some reason my shins are hurting bad. They are especially painfull when they are touched or squeezed even slightly. I don't think it's muscle related or shin splints because I havn't done anything latley that would cause that. The pain just came on out of the blue. It's so wierd! Iv'e done some research and I am now extremely worried about cancers such as Osteosarcoma, and diseases such as Paget's Disease, Osteomyelitis, Lymphoma, leukemia, and so on.......... I just know it's going to be cancer. I can feel it!!!! I'm soooo upset. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Maybe he will send me to have a scan or something. I don't know! I just dread the fact that I might have to have a bone biopsy. OUCH!! I mean, what kind of cancer could possibly be worse than bone cancer??? Don't they usually say with bone cancer you only have about six months to live??? This is horribly. It's making me so sad. I just want to cry, and I havn't even been to the doctor yet. But what else could shine bone pain be????

Old 12-29-2003, 06:53 PM   #2

gemgabb HB User
Lightbulb Re: Leg Pain????

[FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=Purple]
You shouldn't jump to conclusions and think the worse. Take things step by step -- see your doctor, take any tests, and then see what it shows.

Ever since childhood, I had pain in my legs and any touch to them hurt, so I can relate to your pain. I never knew exactly what caused this, but was told that my bones weren't as strong as they should be when I was born.

In my case, my bones (back, ankles, and feet) experienced various deformaties, pain, and restrictions of movement, but no cancer.

So, don't jump the gun. Find out what your problem is and then take things one step at a time.

Bet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 09:48 PM   #3

DrPep HB User
Re: Leg Pain????

Mr. Dallas -
Your leg pain can be a hundred things other than cancer. Why would you think the worst?
In reality, your pain can be something simple such as muscle strains, shin splints, tendons, arthritis, or a number of items. You said that you don't think it is shin splints or muscular because you 'haven't done anything'. But, you don't have to 'do anything' to cause these things. They happen naturally and are enhanced by things such as our weight, exercise, etc. If you are over your typical weight... or have not been getting proper exercise, or have been exercising but not stretching before hand, then these may increase your chances of muscular or shin splints.
I know you are scared but go see your doctor before you start getting upset. Chances are better that you have a simple strain or shin splints rather than anything serious. Bone cancer is extremely rare and has many other 'symptoms' such as weak bones that are brittle and break easy and other problems associated with bone marrow such as leukemia, anemia, etc. that you have not described.
Go see your doctor and let us know how you are doing...

Dr. Pepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNDallas
For some reason my shins are hurting bad. They are especially painfull when they are touched or squeezed even slightly. I don't think it's muscle related or shin splints because I havn't done anything latley that would cause that. The pain just came on out of the blue. It's so wierd! Iv'e done some research and I am now extremely worried about cancers such as Osteosarcoma, and diseases such as Paget's Disease, Osteomyelitis, Lymphoma, leukemia, and so on.......... I just know it's going to be cancer. I can feel it!!!! I'm soooo upset. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Maybe he will send me to have a scan or something. I don't know! I just dread the fact that I might have to have a bone biopsy. OUCH!! I mean, what kind of cancer could possibly be worse than bone cancer??? Don't they usually say with bone cancer you only have about six months to live??? This is horribly. It's making me so sad. I just want to cry, and I havn't even been to the doctor yet. But what else could shine bone pain be????

Old 12-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNDallas
If you Have recently climbed steps. Stayed on your feet for a long time such as waiting in shopping lines, or sat with your feet stiffly opposed to a hard surface, you could have pain. As stressed as your post sounds, you may have been referring stress to your legs and feet. I feel my stress in my shoulders and neck.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
(female)

frosty87 HB User

Is the pain spread out over your shin or is it a definate "spot" my daughter had spot pain for about 2 months finally took her to an orthopedic dr who ordered a bone scan come to find out she has a stress fracture. Nothing showed up on x-ray at all but have been told they won't. She doen't remember doing anything different either it just started hurting one day and would not go away.

Old 02-24-2004, 12:11 PM   #6

ChadNDallas HB User

Well, It's now been at least six months since my leg pain started and I have no solution. I did see my regular doctor and he told me that it was nothing to worry about and I just needed to take some anti-inflamatories and maybe wear some leg supports. I don't think so. So now I'm confused. It's in both shins and now I occaisionally have pains in my knees. Surley it's not arthritis, as I'm only 24 yrs old. It's just mainly my shin bones. I think this is wierd.

Closed Thread