It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #1

hank scorpio HB User
living with 2 broken wrists - tips please

had an accident last thursday and now have both arms in casts. if anyone has any tips on how to make things easier - going thru daily life ect... - please reply. especially interested concerning personal hygiene...bathing, brushing teeth, and cleaning after going to washroom.
thanks

Old 01-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User
Re: living with 2 broken wrists - tips please

That's sounds like an awful situation. I have no useful advice but I hope you heal quick.
My only thoughts would be to put like breadsacks or plastic sacks or even saran wrap over the casts to prevent them getting wet but that wouldn't help dexterity any.
Perhaps if you called the Home Nurseing Association in your area they could give you some tips?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
(male)

tonton31 HB User

hello. i just five days ago broke both my wrists in weightlifting accident. i have casts 3in. above my elbows. i of course am not typing but i hope my mother can write my feelings. instead of showering i take bAths and put my arms on the side. i have my mom wash me. then she washes my hair in the sink.

p.s-keep your arms above your heart

Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

Bless both of you! Going through such a horrific accident. One of the girls I teach in Children's church did the same thing this spring - fell and broke both wrists. It was pitiful. Of course, she had a devoted mom to help her in all aspects of life.
If you do not have someone who will step up to be your care-giver; you might want to request a home-health nurse.
Let us know how things go.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
Inactive

Josie115 HB User

hank...i sure hope you are finding ways to get thru this. i'm typing with 1 finger on my left hand...geeez this is getting old. i fell skiing last march... broke my right arm..tore up that shouler bad..it's now frozen andripped the tendon in my right hand off...had surgery on that 5 weeks ago..still unable to use it...now my good shoulder is freezing up and hurts like hell. i know it's sick humor but when i read your post..it made me realize that yo are more worse off than me... ...sorry..but geez, how the heck are you doing? I live by myself and so i have to manage..can'y open cans, bottles, etc. etc. my goal is to pull my pants up ansdown to pee,, i got dressed to go back to work the first day after the surgery..got a dress on..gotv home and dang if i couldn't get it off... you got to laugh. i sure appreciate what i can do now...but, i'm ready to go back to two arms and hands. i guess the true consolation is that at some point we wil be able to! Isure hope you are getting better and the casts can come off soon.

Closed Thread