It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #1

Mommyof1Austin HB User
Bumps on Shin Bone....

I had posted this in the cancer section too just to see what they thought.
I am a 22-year-old single mother so it scares me to think what may be the problem but here goes.........
I recently discovered a small bruisish looking lump on my lower shin about a month ago. Since then that lump has grown bigger and another one has started to grow about an inch above it on my lower leg bone. I keep telling myself maybe I knocked my leg on something and it's just swelled up but I know this cannot be true. I pray that there could be another "something" wrong with me that's not cancer. I just want to know what others think before I go in to the dr. to have it check out as I don't currently have insurance since I can't afford it. These bumps hurt sometimes but not always. And they don't feel any warmer to the touch than any of the rest of my leg. I feel just fine and no fevers or anything but that doesn't mean much does it?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Sarah-Austin's mommy

Old 01-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
(female)

melaniekellison HB User
Re: Bumps on Shin Bone....

I have the same thing. I am 30 years old. I have 2 girls. About 3 weeks ago, after getting off the treadmill...I found a knot on each shin. I went to the dr. and he did bloodwork and it was all normal. He said it must be some kind of inflamation. Since then, I have had 1 more come up on EACH shin. They are a little blue in color...not as blue as a bruise...but still a little blue. They are tender if pressed. I go back to the dr. tomorrow to have them checked a little more. I know EXACTLY what you are going through!
Melanie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 08:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

I would suggest a trip to the doctor to investigate. It couldn't hurt. And if it's a blood clot - it needs immediate attention.
If something is bothering you this much - anything we say here is only going to relieve you a little. While as a doctor's reassurance can give you the relief you desire.
Either way - please see a doctor (even if you think it's nothing big).
I think both of you need ultrasounds of these knots to see what's up.
Wish you both the best!
hrtofluv

Old 01-31-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
(female)

melaniekellison HB User

I went to my dr. 2 weeks ago for these knots. I went again today. He said that I could possibly have Fibromyalgia. He did another blood test to test for any and all rheumatoid conditions. They aren't veins or blood clots. I have constant pain ALL OVER MY body. Every joint, bone, and muscle aches...not all at one time. It is like they take turns.

Closed Thread