It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 10:09 PM   #1

Samantha F HB User
Bone Pain & VERY Scared! ?Cancer?

I have been having bone pain for the past couple of years.
It occurs nearly every day, activity not playing a part in it.
It feels like a throbbing, sharp, shooting pain. It occurs in certain spots on the front of my lower legs mostly, but also in my thighs & even my arms at times. My doctor is questioning as to whether it's really bone pain. She says it's muscle pain so she's doing no investigation. But this pain goes deep...like it's shooting into my bone. I'm sure of it.
I also have lately noticed this feeling in my mid-upper back as if something is moving around my spine. Not a painful feeling, but very creepy. This has been going on for the past few months.
I am obviously concerned about cancer. Anyone out there ever experience bone pain, & if so, what exactly does it feel like? Any help, advice or suggestions of any kind would be greatly appreciated. I have to small daughters & am so afraid of the worse. Please respond.

Last edited by Samantha F; 09-21-2004 at 09:01 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Samantha F:
olazenia (06-24-2011)
Old 09-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

countrygal HB User
Re: Bone Pain & Very Scared!

Samantha, Sorry to here about your pain. I too have bone pain.(about 3 years now) It started in my L lower outside leg. It would feel like it hurt so bad it was freezing. I would even have hard chills all over my body. I had a bone scan, that was neg. No one could tell me what was going on. I started to have back pain on my R side down to the back of my knee. The NS i went too thought that maybe a numbing pain. But now i have pain all the way up my leg to the hip area. And still no answers. So good luck on finding your cause. But you could ask for a bone scan just to make sure all is ok.Sorry i didnt have any answers for you, only my experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CheerAngel HB User
Re: Bone Pain & VERY Scared! ?Cancer?

Hi Samantha, I too have bone pain. I can understand why the doctor would ask you if it is muscle pain... because she doesn't feel your pain and it's always hard to explain pain or measure them since everyone is different. Some doctors are so clueless that they don't know what to do with you and say that the pain are in your head... which is not very nice.

If you are concerned if it is cancer or not, there are tests that can be done to determine if that's the case. CT scans, MRI, X-rays, blood test can be helpful. Go for a bone density test also to see how well your bones are doing. All the best!!!

Old 11-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #4

gailberish HB User
Lightbulb Re: Bone Pain & Very Scared!

Two years ago I started having bone pain in both legs. It was on the outside of both thighs, more on the right than the left. It told my Dr. it was bone pain, not muscle pain. If I laid on my side for long the pain got severe and spread down to my foot. I learned not to lay on my side!!! My Dr. sent me to a bone doctor, then he sent me to a Physical Therapy Dr. All of the tests (MRI, blood work, etc.) were done and nothing was solved. I talked to a dermatologist friend (only because all the other Dr.'s couldn't help me and the dermatologist believed in a lot of natural cures). He told me to drink the juice of a lemon EVERY DAY. The pain would go away each day. But I had to drink that lemon juice every day. Sometimes I would put a little sugar in it or dilute it. It was a little hard on the throat, taken plain, just be sure to drink a large glass of water after the lemon juice. The Dr. explained to me that it had something to do with the acid/alkaline balance in the bones. That was the only explanation I ever got. But it worked and I was free of pain. I still have some discomfort in the right bone (none in the left) but no pain unless I lay on that side too long. I stopped taking the lemon juice about 6 months ago and the pain has not returned, just the discomfort. Yes, if I drink the lemon juice every day the discomfort goes away. I just got tired of that much lemon juice!!! It also works with lime juice but lemon juice seems to be better. I find it very strange to go through 3 doctors and none of them could help me. I too was worried about all sorts of diseases. Good luck
P.S. If you find the lemons work you might want to stock up on them before they get expensive in the winter. Bottled reallemon works too but is much less palatable. Remember you are aiming for 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup undiluted juice every day. Maybe more if you use lime juice. Results show up in very short time (like 1 hour)

Old 07-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
(male)

Girish HB User
Seeking help regarding bone pain

Hello friends, Hope you all are doing fine.

I am seeking help regarding my bone pain. Two years back pain started in my left hand fingures and slowly it spread through all the fingures of both the hands. Noticeably, this pain stated in month of May when temperature started rising. During winter times pain went down. I went to doctor and he sent me to Rheumatologist, where he suggested me to go through some scanings, x-rays and blood test. After careful examination by him, he told me that I do not have any problems.

This year summer in month of May, again my pain increased and it went to my thighs and hands, toes and fingures as well. I do not have any joint pain nor this pain disturbs my day to day activities. But it pains a lot in my thighs. When its humid weather its affects more.

I went to doctor, and he said i do not have any problems (but this time i did not visit again Rheumatologist). I really confused and restless because of pain.

I request you please share your ideas.

Regards,

Girish

Closed Thread