It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

wayover20 HB User
Bone pain all over, seeking help

Hello all! I'm a 47yr old female postmenopausal, active with a full time career as an ER nurse. For the past several months I've been having aching pains to just about all parts of my body and I wonder if anyone has any ideas or suggestions. The pain is not constant and doesn't stay only in one area. For instance, I get pain in my rt. hip if I lay on it while sleeping, so I've been waking up to change sides and then I can't stay on the lt. side too long either. I also get pains to the thighs, ankles and feet. If I sit say during supper, when I go to rise off the chair my knees and ankles hurt. If that isn't bad enough, my shoulders and elbows ache off and on. Once I get moving I'm ok but I'm still young and I don't think I should be having these pains. I know if I go to a doctor they'll not know what is wrong since it involves the whole body and comes and goes. By the way, I am about 40lbs overweight and I thought about that with regards to the lower extremities, but it doesn't really explain the shoulders, elbows. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 01:01 PM   #2

Romans8 HB User
Re: Bone pain all over, seeking help

It sounds like you have Fibromyalgia.
Are there any other symptoms?
Try cutting out all starches, low carb. sugars, night shade plants and check out any food allergies. No Alcohol, Caffein or Dairy products, grains, citric fruits, nuts as these all have mold. If you would there is quite a bit of information that is helpful out there but I found relief in changing my diet like I mentioned above,
If it is FMS it will be a battle but knowing what it is is half the battle. There really aren't any tests to confirm it but doing a parasite cleanse and a candida cleanse will help you lose the wieght and take away a lot of the pain. Do you sleep at night?

It's very common with nurses.
Try the Fybro link.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 07:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

curious as to how you are doing? Did you get a diagnosis of FM? I would also suggest that osteoporosis is a possibility? All over bone pain is either one or the other. A full bone density scan will help with the diagnosis.
Take care - the rest of us need you in the ER!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #4
(female)

macurtis47 HB User

You may want to have your vitamin D level checked. Many women have low levels, which can cause bone and muscle pain and contribute to depression. If your diet is not high in vitamin D-fortified foods and/or you do not spend sufficient time in the sun sans sunscreen, your level may be low.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User

Hey - since posting, I have been diagnosed as hypothyroid which my doc said could cause the allover body aches and pains too.
Hope you've found some relief over the last few years.

Closed Thread